none
0x8004010F error in outlook 2010

    Question

  • I am using  Windows 7 home Premium, and Outlook 2010

    I have a GoDaddy IMAP e-mail account that I have setup.  I can receive e-mails, but when I try and send it does nothing but give me an error

    0x8004010F  The attempted Operation Failed, an object could not be found.

     

    I am not a tech person, so bear with me, and THANK YOU in advance for any help you can provide.

     

    -Flo

    Thursday, November 03, 2011 9:56 PM

Answers

  • Hi floflo79,

    Based on my research, you can try to resolve this behavior by creating a new profile. To do this, follow these steps:

    1. Click Start, point to Settings, and then click Control Panel.
    2. Double-click the Mail icon.
    3. In the Mail Setup dialog box, click Show Profiles.

      If you want to be able to select a specific profile each time you start Outlook, click the General tab, click Prompt for a profile to be used, and then click Add.
    4. In the New Profile dialog box, under Profile Name, type a descriptive name for the new profile, and then click OK.
    5. In the E-mail Accounts dialog box, select Add a new e-mail account in the e-mail options, and then click Next.
    6. Click the type of server that your e-mail account works with, and then click Next.
    7. Complete all of the required fields, including those that are on the tabs that appear after you click More Settings.
    8. When you finish providing the required information, click Finish.

    Let me know the result, any questions, feel free to post back.



    Sincerely,

    Max Meng
    Forum Support


    Come back and mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.

    Thursday, November 10, 2011 2:32 AM

All replies

  • p.s. the test e-mail appears to work (incoming and outgoing)  so why not the real thing?
    Thursday, November 03, 2011 10:04 PM
  • Hi floflo79,

    Based on my research, you can try to resolve this behavior by creating a new profile. To do this, follow these steps:

    1. Click Start, point to Settings, and then click Control Panel.
    2. Double-click the Mail icon.
    3. In the Mail Setup dialog box, click Show Profiles.

      If you want to be able to select a specific profile each time you start Outlook, click the General tab, click Prompt for a profile to be used, and then click Add.
    4. In the New Profile dialog box, under Profile Name, type a descriptive name for the new profile, and then click OK.
    5. In the E-mail Accounts dialog box, select Add a new e-mail account in the e-mail options, and then click Next.
    6. Click the type of server that your e-mail account works with, and then click Next.
    7. Complete all of the required fields, including those that are on the tabs that appear after you click More Settings.
    8. When you finish providing the required information, click Finish.

    Let me know the result, any questions, feel free to post back.



    Sincerely,

    Max Meng
    Forum Support


    Come back and mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.

    Thursday, November 10, 2011 2:32 AM
  • I'm having the same problem.  I've tried creating a new profile (three or four times) with no luck.  I've run the inbox repair tool and repaired the "damaged" files, but I still receive the same error message.  Do you have any other recommendations?  I'm beginning to think I need to scrap MS Office altogether.

     

    Thanks for any help!

    Wednesday, January 18, 2012 6:32 PM
  • I am having the same problem. The test works but not the send/receive...very disappointing and on a new laptop as well. 

     

     

    Sunday, January 29, 2012 8:42 PM
  • I'm still having the same issues as above.  I've uninstalled and re-installed MS Office 2010, created new profiles, and done everything I've read on these forums to try to get this issue resolved.  I continue to get the same message "0x8004010F: The operation failed. An object cannot be found."  There has to be a fix to this, can ANYONE give me any additional ideas?
    Wednesday, February 01, 2012 11:09 PM
  • I have had all the same issues - uninstalled/reinstalled, created new profiles, called GoDaddy Tech Support, I instantaneously get this message no matter what I do.  I know it's not GoDaddy or ISP, because email works fine on another desktop without using Outlook.  It is something in Outlook on this brand new computer and it's pretty annoying as I really wanted to use Outlook and all it's features!
    Wednesday, March 21, 2012 9:25 PM
  • Same issue. Several profile dumps.  All ports exhausted.  Test says it is working but no outgoing email.

    Very frustrating!

    Wednesday, April 11, 2012 2:34 PM
  • I have the same problem.  new laptop, win7, loaded MS Office pro, and setup Outlook many times and get a success message, it sends a test message to my go daddy account.  I can see it online.  but if i try to send or receive from Outlook, i get the message " The attempted operation failed.  An object could not be found. 

    I really need a solution but have tried just about everything!

    Saturday, December 29, 2012 6:55 PM