none
Free Yahoo mail to MS Outlook

Question

• Please somebody help. I am trying to import Yahoo mail (not Plus) into Microsoft Outlook 2007. I am running Windows Vista, and despite trying many suggested methods, but they do not work.

So far, with the incoming and outgoing mail boxes I have used the following: -

pop.mail.yahoo.com;smtp.mail.yahoo.com

pop.mail.yahoo.com.sg;smtp.mail.yahoo.com.sg

plus.pop.mail.yahoo.com;plus.smtp.mail.yahoo.com

localhost;localhost

User name, username@ymail.com, or

Username, username.

"More Settings"

Outgoing Server: My outgoing server requires authentication-checked

Advanced:

SSL options selected with 995 and 465

ditto but 995 and 587

Default settings.

The mail does not worh, only the continuous "sign-on" box.

Please help

mrconcrete
    Wednesday, March 23, 2011 8:55 PM

Answers

• Mrconcrete,

I'm afraid you can't get your Yahoo Mail in Outlook 2007 without upgrading to Yahoo Mail Plus. Like you, I've heard of people making such a connection, and sometimes it even works a bit. But Yahoo requires a Mail Plus or Business Mail account if you want to get your mail in Outlook or any other program. And for only about $1.67/month for a Mail Plus account, it may be annoying, but isn't a major hardship.

If you want to set up everything needed for a Yahoo Outlook 2007 connection, detailed, tested instructions are available at:

http://www.living-with-outlook.com/yahoo-mail.html

I hope this helps!

--Bill

Sunday, March 27, 2011 8:55 AM

All replies

• Hi,

To setup Microsoft Outlook 2010 to receive Yahoo! email via POP, open the mail client and go to File > Info > Add account. Next, choose Manually configure server settings or additional server types.

Click Next to proceed, select Internet Email and click Next again. Use the following settings to configure your Yahoo! Mail account:

Incoming Mail (POP) settings:

POP server: plus.pop.mail.yahoo.com

Use SSL

Port: 995

Outgoing mail server (SMTP) settings:

SMTP server: plus.smtp.mail.yahoo.com

Use SSL

Port: 465

Use authentication

Credentials:

Account Name/Login Name: Your Yahoo! Mail ID (this is the same as your email address but without the "@yahoo.com"; for example, it might be “brighthub2010”)

Email Address: Your Yahoo! Mail address (for example, brighthub2010@yahoo.com)

Password: Your Yahoo! Mail password

Once completed, your Yahoo! Mail account should be accessible via Outlook 2010. If not, you may need to wait a short time following migration of your email account.

Best Regards,

Sally Tang

Friday, March 25, 2011 7:44 AM
  • Mrconcrete,

I'm afraid you can't get your Yahoo Mail in Outlook 2007 without upgrading to Yahoo Mail Plus. Like you, I've heard of people making such a connection, and sometimes it even works a bit. But Yahoo requires a Mail Plus or Business Mail account if you want to get your mail in Outlook or any other program. And for only about $1.67/month for a Mail Plus account, it may be annoying, but isn't a major hardship.

If you want to set up everything needed for a Yahoo Outlook 2007 connection, detailed, tested instructions are available at:

http://www.living-with-outlook.com/yahoo-mail.html

I hope this helps!

--Bill

Sunday, March 27, 2011 8:55 AM
  • Hi,

To setup Microsoft Outlook 2010 to receive Yahoo! email via POP, open the mail client and go to File > Info > Add account. Next, choose Manually configure server settings or additional server types.

Click Next to proceed, select Internet Email and click Next again. Use the following settings to configure your Yahoo! Mail account:

Incoming Mail (POP) settings:

POP server: plus.pop.mail.yahoo.com

Use SSL

Port: 995

Outgoing mail server (SMTP) settings:

SMTP server: plus.smtp.mail.yahoo.com

Use SSL

Port: 465

Use authentication

Credentials:

Account Name/Login Name: Your Yahoo! Mail ID (this is the same as your email address but without the "@yahoo.com"; for example, it might be “brighthub2010”)

Email Address: Your Yahoo! Mail address (for example, brighthub2010@yahoo.com)

Password: Your Yahoo! Mail password

Once completed, your Yahoo! Mail account should be accessible via Outlook 2010. If not, you may need to wait a short time following migration of your email account.

Best Regards,

Sally Tang

Hi,

Sorry, I provided the instructions for Outlook 2010.

Here are the steps for Outlook 2007:
    http://help.yahoo.com/l/sg/yahoo/mail/classic/mailoptions/pop/pop-36.html
    Please Note: Since the web site is not hosted by Microsoft, the link may change without notice. Microsoft does not guarantee the accuracy of this information. 

Best Regards,

Sally Tang

Thursday, March 31, 2011 9:18 AM
  • No can do. Yahoo does not allow you to set up the account as a POP account UNLESS you've paid to get Yahoo Plus, which then gives you access to their POP server.
    Monday, May 02, 2011 8:52 PM