none
How to change outlook 2010 default forms

Question

• Hi,

We used to have a custom form overriding the "new meeting request" form of outlook 2003. I'm trying to do the same thing with outlook 2010.

I've tried to use the formswap.exe tool, without success.

I'm able to launch my form through "new item --> more items --> choose form -->Myform" but i didn't find a way to replace the outlook 2010 default form.

Is there a way to do that ?

• Moved by Jennifer ZhanModerator Friday, September 03, 2010 8:46 AM (From:Office 2010 Application Compatibility)
    Thursday, September 02, 2010 2:26 PM

Answers

All replies

• Hi,

After you have published custom forms, you can easily change the default form used for new items for each item type except Mail. To do this:

1. Right click on the folder name and choose Properties.
    2. Then select the new form from the General Tab, When posting to this folder use: field.

Now when you click the New button or otherwise create a new item of that item type, it will use the form you selected.

Hope it helps.

Tuesday, September 07, 2010 8:20 AM
  • Thanks for the info, it was really useful.

Now i just need to find a way to apply this setting for all my users. Is there a way to do that ? a specific gpo setting perhaps ?

Tuesday, September 07, 2010 11:11 AM
  • Hi,

How to globally change the default forms in Outlook by using the Forms Administrator utility, please refer to this KB article:

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/241235

Hope it helps.

Friday, September 10, 2010 3:03 AM
  • Hi, I have created a form to be used in place of the default outlook form (outlook 2007). It is the meeting request form. I created the form, published in Organizational Library, used formswap.exe to change the registry to point from IPM.Schedule.Meeting.Request to IPM.Appointment.Meeting Request however, after running the reg file nothing happens. The changes are not made, any suggestions? Oh, and yes, I replaced in the reg file all 9.0 with 12.0. I am trying to make this work when you right-click on a calendar date and choose "New Meeting Request". Thanks!
    Thursday, December 23, 2010 4:29 PM
  • I've noticed that the message class changes from IPM.Schedule to IPM.Appointment even though I create the form from "New Meeting Request" which is IPM.Schedule, could this be the problem?
    Thursday, December 23, 2010 4:52 PM
  • The info @ http://support.microsoft.com/kb/241235 is outdated.

Is there a new Forms Administrator utility available for Outlook 2010 ?

Tuesday, January 25, 2011 10:45 PM
  • here you have another post explaining step by step

Change Meeting Request Form from IPM.Appointment to a Custom One Using GPO

i have done all steps, and it Works, but the meeting have to be IPM.Appointment (Outlook 2010, and Exchange 2010)

Tuesday, May 14, 2013 1:00 PM