none
.ps1 is blocked

Question

• Hello. I have a question about File Filter of IM.
    I enabled file filter on cscp without extension ".ps1" but it is blocked every time when we send a file which has the extension. Let me confirm it is always blocked by default apart from File Type setting.
    Friday, January 06, 2012 5:52 AM

Answers

• Hi,Makita,

Have you installed any anti-virus application on your Lync server or client system?If you have please verify that the .ps1 files are not blocked by it.

If still no luck please use wireshark or netmon and reproduce the issue to trace the log and find out where is the file blocked.

Regards,

Sharon

Sharon Shen

TechNet Community Support

******************************************************************************************************************************************************* Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community memb
    Tuesday, January 17, 2012 9:47 AM

All replies

• Hi ,

PS1 extension isn't blocked by default . Please check your global file filter policy .

You can see the default block list on this link , http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/gg425736.aspx .

Thanks

Saleesh

Friday, January 06, 2012 10:30 AM
  • Hi,Makita,

Would you please run the command as follow to verify the blocked externsions:

Get-CsFileTransferFilterConfiguration -Identity global | Select-Object –ExpandProperty Extensions

Also please check the Group Policy to verify if there is no GPO blocked the .ps1 file especially you have deployed OCS before since some policy for OCS will still take effect on Lync after migration.

Regards,

Sharon Shen

******************************************************************************************************************************************************* Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community memb
    Tuesday, January 10, 2012 11:24 AM
  • Thanks for your reply. As you consulted, i checked again the configuration but

Get-CsFileTransferFilterConfiguration |Select-Object -ExpandProperty  Extensions | findstr ps1

returns nothing. No definition for ps1.

Also I think there is no GPO actually Lync is our first deployment.

Thursday, January 12, 2012 3:03 AM
  • Hi,Makita,

Have you installed any anti-virus application on your Lync server or client system?If you have please verify that the .ps1 files are not blocked by it.

If still no luck please use wireshark or netmon and reproduce the issue to trace the log and find out where is the file blocked.

Regards,

Sharon

Sharon Shen

Tuesday, January 17, 2012 9:47 AM
  • We are having the same issue. It is not in the list, but Lync returns 

"Your message or invitation was not delivered, possibly because it contains a hyperlink or other content that your system administrator has blocked."

Other attachments pass through fine.

Thursday, February 23, 2012 7:53 PM