none
Outlook 2010 sometimes do not sync with exchange

Question

• Hi all,

i have an issue with outlook 2010 and exchange. Sometimes the outlook(inbox) do not sync with my exchange. The outook taskbar shows me an old timestamp of the last sync. Also after  i restart the outlook nothing happens still the old sync timestamp. After i weite for a some minutes and restart the outlok again and again outlooküsync again with the exchange. 

I have allready istalled all windows 7(32bit) patches and office 2010 patches, repair the office installation, delete the outlook profile. Unfortuntly nothing helps.

Sometimes, one time a week i have still no sync :-(

This happens only to one client.

Does anyone here have any ideas to solve that?

Best regards

Wednesday, March 23, 2011 3:04 PM

Answers

• Hi,

Thank you for using Microsoft Office for IT Professionals Forums.

From your description, I understand that you have encountered some problems when trying to sync Outlook 2010 and Exchange. If there is any misunderstanding, please feel free to let me know.

For details, you can refer to the following KB article:

How to troubleshoot synchronization problems when you synchronize your Exchange Server mailbox with your .ost file in Outlook

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/842284

Best Regards,

Nick Wan 

Monday, March 28, 2011 6:36 AM

All replies

• Hi,

Thank you for using Microsoft Office for IT Professionals Forums.

From your description, I understand that you have encountered some problems when trying to sync Outlook 2010 and Exchange. If there is any misunderstanding, please feel free to let me know.

For details, you can refer to the following KB article:

How to troubleshoot synchronization problems when you synchronize your Exchange Server mailbox with your .ost file in Outlook

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/842284

Best Regards,

Nick Wan 

Monday, March 28, 2011 6:36 AM
  • I have the same or very similar issue.  I have a hosted exchange account and after a system reboot, and opening outlook it will not sync no matter how many send/receives I do.  If I exit outlook and restart outlook the server syncs.  I've check out the link (KB) article but it didn't fix the solution for me either.

For me it only happens on PC start up / reboot.  No issues with hibernation or system standby.  Cached exchange mode is set so I'm not sure what else to do.  Last thing to try from that article is to make a new .OST file which is the only thing I haven't done yet because it only does this when the PC is started.

Saturday, September 22, 2012 4:09 PM