none
Outlook 2013- Smart Tags for phone numbers

Question

• Has the ability for Outlook to detect phone numbers been removed for Outlook 2013?  This was available in Outlook 2010 and previous versions.

I believe they are Smart Tags, why were they removed?  Integrating Lync and Outlook to dial numbers is critical!

Friday, January 18, 2013 2:40 PM

Answers

All replies

• Hi,

If the phone number stored in the Outlook 2013 address book and you have Lync 2013 installed, we can call by click the name in Outlook. Could you elaborate your scenario?

• Do you have Lync 2013 installed?
    • Do you want to make a Lync call by click the name in Outlook email popup?
    • Does the phone number can be found in the Outlook address book?

Please also select the name you want to contact and press CTRL + H to test.

Best regards,

Daisy Cao
    Forum Support
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Please take a moment to "Mark As Answer" if they help.

Tuesday, January 22, 2013 6:20 AM
  • I have office 2013, including Lync 2013, installed on a Windows 8 Pro machine.

Previously, I had Office 2010, Lync 2010, and windows 7 Ultimate.

Previously, any phone number in an email I could highlight the number, right-click it, and select additional options, then Call number.  that function is no longer available in my new setup.

Internet Explorer has the phone icon show up on web pages with phone numbers.  I have looked in Outlook 2013 and can't find any smart tag configuration capabilities.

Tuesday, January 22, 2013 2:31 PM
  • Has anyone found a way to make this work?
    Tuesday, March 19, 2013 8:27 PM
  • This issue is still outstanding.  Does anyone experience the same?  Anyone have a fix?  I have some pretty angry upper management over this...
    Wednesday, April 03, 2013 9:58 PM
    • Marked as answer by BiggJake Wednesday, April 10, 2013 4:24 PM
    Wednesday, April 10, 2013 4:24 PM