none
Cannot Initialize Office 2010 Applications - cvh.exe error

Question

• I can't open ANY Office 2010 (Student and home) applications via the virtualization handler (cvh.exe).

However, if I "open with" the virtualization error (right click shortcut, "open with", "choose program", and click on the icon with my mouse, I can open my files).  I have tried EVERYTHING (yes, I have checked "open all files", etc., etc.)  I have tried uninstalling/reinstalling Office to no avail.

Also, the "MS Virt. DDE Launcher" doesn't have its icon - that is, it looks like a placeholder icon.

These programs worked flawlessly last night - and I'm suspecting an update gone wrong from Microsoft, but am not sure.  I think there may be something wrong with file associations?

Wednesday, February 23, 2011 9:06 PM

Answers

• Hi,

The cause of this error is that the Microsoft .Net framework is not installed or is damaged in some way. Therefore applications will fail to launch.

To fix this error you can run Windows Update and find the Microsoft .Net framework update to install. Alternatively, you can download the Microsoft .Net Framework directly from Microsoft.

·         Microsoft .Net 1.1

·         Microsoft .Net 2.0

·         Microsoft .Net 3.0

Best Regards,                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                         

Harry 

• Marked as answer by Harry Yuan Friday, March 04, 2011 6:45 AM
    Friday, February 25, 2011 8:05 AM

All replies

• Hi,

The cause of this error is that the Microsoft .Net framework is not installed or is damaged in some way. Therefore applications will fail to launch.

To fix this error you can run Windows Update and find the Microsoft .Net framework update to install. Alternatively, you can download the Microsoft .Net Framework directly from Microsoft.

·         Microsoft .Net 1.1

·         Microsoft .Net 2.0

·         Microsoft .Net 3.0

Best Regards,                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                         

Harry 

• Marked as answer by Harry Yuan Friday, March 04, 2011 6:45 AM
    Friday, February 25, 2011 8:05 AM
  • Yes this is a common error. The Microsoft .NET framework is damaged or not installed so it will cause it. Just re-download it from the Microsoft site.

Bill Than

IT Professional

Monday, November 21, 2011 11:19 PM