none
Outlook 2010 crashes

Question

• I have the Office Pro Plus 2010 and the outlook freezes / crashes continually. When you go to move an email to a folder, when the calendar pops up, when you delete an email, etc. Even in safe mode the most it will run is a few minutes! HELP! How do I roll this back or fix this issue? It was just downloaded on November 18th!
    JRS
    • Moved by Whosane002 Friday, November 20, 2009 4:12 PM (From:MSDN, TechNet, and Expression Profile Feedback)
    Thursday, November 19, 2009 3:00 PM

All replies

• Yep it sure does.  I can barely use it.  I downloaded the new Beta and then opened it. After creating an account, once it downloaded the mail, it crashed.  Had to force a shut down all the time.  It is to the point I can not do ANYTHING without this thing crashing.  What the heck did they do to Outlook?   This is totally crazy.  This program is not ready in any shape or form.  Even for major beta use.
    Saturday, November 21, 2009 4:04 PM
  • Same issue all over the board with outlook 2010. the rest of office 2010 looks great so far, but considering how integral Outlook is for those who use it (email, exchange, etc.) I'm really disappointed.

Don't release something when it doesn't fully work! It will only serve to further destroy the Microsoft brand in the eyes of consumers.

Saturday, April 03, 2010 9:10 PM
  • I had the same issues, after disabling all my addons it seem to be fixed.

Instruction:
    Go to File - Options - add-ins. when you select this, you can select manage [com-addins] and hit go on the lower part of the screen.
    When you hit go; you can disable the enabled add-ins.
    Again this sorted my issue and have been able to work for a day without any crashes. Before it crashed every 5 minutes.

Hope this helps.

Thanks, Erik

Friday, May 07, 2010 12:45 PM
  • If you are still having issues instead of disabling all add-ins as mentioned before try and uninstall the most recent program you installed that had an add-in

I installed Nuance PDF 6 and Outlook began to crash uninstalled and Outlook works fine now with out issues

Wednesday, June 02, 2010 1:06 PM
  • If you are still having issues instead of disabling all add-ins as mentioned before try and uninstall the most recent program you installed that had an add-in

I installed Nuance PDF 6 and Outlook began to crash uninstalled and Outlook works fine now with out issues

I can confirm that Nuance addon makes outlook chrash.

By disabling the addon it solved the problems.

Thursday, July 01, 2010 6:56 AM
  • I had this same problem. I disabled the Nuance PDF 6 add-in and it seems to have taken care of the issue. For anyone else that encounters this issue, the add-in in question is "PDF Converter 6.0 Outlook Add-in.

Thanks Again, Erik!

Thursday, July 15, 2010 2:49 PM
  • I had the same problem but the culprit was no software, no addon nothing! It was in Outlook registry settings! Plz read my post at:

http://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en/officesetupdeploy/thread/b3452f15-7f66-4e18-adaf-df7f6c3a39a6

Hope this helps.

AKM
    Friday, July 16, 2010 6:48 AM
  • Does anyone know if there is a fix yet. It also seems that you cannot connect to older pop3 servers either.

Thursday, September 02, 2010 4:01 AM
  • I too was receiving this exact error, but have managed to find a fix: it's Helvetica.

I'm not sure which exactly, but one (or maybe more?) Type 1 format (.pfm) Helvetica file causes the DLL crash; uninstalling all Type 1 Helvetica fonts from my system (Windows 7 32bit) fixed the problem immediately.

Hope this helps someone else sort out their buggy Outlook install.

• Proposed as answer by Enlightner Thursday, September 02, 2010 7:10 PM
    Thursday, September 02, 2010 6:54 PM
  • I had the same issue.  Went ot Suitcase Fusion and disabled all Helvetica type 1 fonts.  Instant Fix!
    Monday, November 29, 2010 11:35 PM
  • I am having a very similar issue -- Outlook 2010 crashes immediately on startup.  I have started Outlook in SAFE mode and it runs fine.  I have disabled all add-ins and it still crashes when I try a normal startup.  I am running Win 7 x64-bit.  I have more detailed view of error below.

Faulting application name: OUTLOOK.EXE, version: 14.0.4760.1000, time stamp: 0x4ba8ff82
    Faulting module name: kernel32.dll, version: 6.1.7600.16385, time stamp: 0x4a5bdfdf
    Exception code: 0xc0000005
    Fault offset: 0x000000000001f638
    Faulting process id: 0x1608
    Faulting application start time: 0x01cb949ac37be29e
    Faulting application path: C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Office14\OUTLOOK.EXE
    Faulting module path: C:\Windows\system32\kernel32.dll
    Report Id: 02faf8af-008e-11e0-802a-a74fc9090466

I have also run Outlook with all the reset switches -- with no luck. 

How do you uninstall the Helvetica fonts?

jg
    Sunday, December 05, 2010 8:01 PM
  • Look at this article from Adobe, it includes a new version of the  Helvetica font.

http://kb2.adobe.com/cps/860/cpsid_86033.html

Tuesday, December 28, 2010 7:20 AM
  • We found an answer to that problem, which is the "agent.exe" creates.
    I wrote the below script with my friends who had the same problems recently... 
    Just save the below script in the Startup folder of your windows:  "agentkiller.bdv"
    remember not to save it as a txt file but as a bdv
    ===============
    strProcessKill = "'agent.exe'" 
    strComputer = "."
    i = 0
    Do While i = 0
    Set objWMIService = GetObject("winmgmts:" _
    & "{impersonationLevel=impersonate}!\\" & strComputer & "\root\cimv2")
    Set colProcesses = objWMIService.ExecQuery _
    ("Select * from Win32_Process Where Name = 'Outlook.exe'")
    If colProcesses.Count = 0 Then
    Set colProcess = objWMIService.ExecQuery _
    ("Select * from Win32_Process Where Name = " & strProcessKill )
    For Each objProcess In colProcess
    objProcess.Terminate()
    Next 
    ' Wscript.Echo "We KILLED AGENT.exe"
    Else
    ' Wscript.Echo "outlook.exe is running, do nothing here"
    End If
    WScript.sleep 4000
    Loop
    ===============
    I am not professional, and please feel free to adjust the script and improve it :)
    Good luck
    Meshari !
    Saturday, June 04, 2011 6:08 AM
  • I also had to reinstall Times fonts, available from:

http://kb2.adobe.com/cps/860/cpsid_86033.html

Instant fix to an annoying problem.

Wednesday, June 08, 2011 10:42 PM
  • And also be sure to reinstall Times Type 1 font. Just reinstalling Helvetica kept Outlook crashing. The same link above includes both Helvetica and Times fonts.
    Wednesday, June 08, 2011 10:47 PM
  • I have Office 2010 Plus and Outlook continually fails and restarts.  Tried disabling all add-ins except the one that I absolutely need for Google Synch.  Still have the problem.  Did a new profile.  Still have the problem.  Installed SP1.  Still have the problem.  ARRGGHH!!!  I'm ready to go back to Office 2007.  Any other suggestions?

Oh...and I also installed all of the new FONTs as suggested above...still have the problem.

• Edited by TwoHuskers Thursday, September 22, 2011 8:28 PM
    Thursday, September 22, 2011 8:16 PM
  • uninstall the Office 2010  then restart & re-install the office 2010.

Regards,

J Chandrasekar.

Friday, September 23, 2011 12:20 PM

• Try creating a new profile for Outlook and set that as default check if that works.

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/829918

Check what is the size of the PST file and you could run the Scan PST tool to scan and repair the PST file, by doing this we could check if there is any issue with the data file,

http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx/kb/272227

Wednesday, September 28, 2011 11:13 AM