none
Click-2-Run configuration failure

Question

• Hi. MS Office 2010 has been working fine until recently. Now when i try to use it, the only response i get  is "Click-2-Run configuration failure". I have tried to uninstall Office 2010 and Local Disk(Q:) so as to reinstall the software but neither will go. So what now? I'm using Vista. Thanks.
    Thursday, October 13, 2011 1:25 PM

Answers

• Hi,

Thank you for using Microsoft Office for IT Professionals Forums.

From your description, please try to get reference from the following link:

http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/excel-help/update-repair-or-uninstall-office-click-to-run-products-HA010382089.aspx

If it doesn’t work, please try to Re-associate Office file, for example:

1.Open Default Programs by clicking the Start button, and then clicking Default Programs.

2.Click Associate a file type or protocol with a program.

3.Click .docx file type.

4.Click Change program.

5.Choose Microsoft Word as default program.

6.Click OK.

Please take your time to try the suggestions and let me know the results at your earliest convenience. If anything is unclear or if there is anything I can do for you, please feel free to let me know.

Sincerely

Rex Zhang

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.
    Saturday, October 15, 2011 11:48 AM

All replies

• Hi,

Thank you for using Microsoft Office for IT Professionals Forums.

From your description, please try to get reference from the following link:

http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/excel-help/update-repair-or-uninstall-office-click-to-run-products-HA010382089.aspx

If it doesn’t work, please try to Re-associate Office file, for example:

1.Open Default Programs by clicking the Start button, and then clicking Default Programs.

2.Click Associate a file type or protocol with a program.

3.Click .docx file type.

4.Click Change program.

5.Choose Microsoft Word as default program.

6.Click OK.

Please take your time to try the suggestions and let me know the results at your earliest convenience. If anything is unclear or if there is anything I can do for you, please feel free to let me know.

Sincerely

Rex Zhang

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.
    Saturday, October 15, 2011 11:48 AM
  • Hi There,

I now have exactly the same problem, but I am unable to do any of the actions you recomend??  I have tried uninstalling and repairing click to run and each is not allowed, because of the click to run I believe??

Anyone able to help??

Thanks heaps

Chris

Saturday, April 07, 2012 10:36 AM
  • Do what they said above except with rule#3 (change to .doc file), then when you open your program with word 2010, save it as a 97-2003 Document.  Worked for me.

1.OpenDefault Programs by clicking the Start button, and then clicking Default Programs.

2.ClickAssociate a file type or protocol with a program.

3.Click .doc file type.

4.ClickChange program.

5.ChooseMicrosoft Word as default program.

6.ClickOK.

Tuesday, May 22, 2012 1:40 AM
  • I do not see any application on "recommended programs" so I try to look in "browse" for the exe but I can find winword.exe or program that I can link, there are 1,000 of files and they are not what I used to find them on Microsoft Office folder. Any advice?
    Friday, June 01, 2012 8:54 AM
  • Only thing you can do is go into system restore and restore to a previous point, at least 1 week prior to the event. That should fix the issue. 
    Saturday, August 04, 2012 5:03 PM
  • WORKED LIKE A CHARM plgarrity - Thank you very much!
    • Edited by Kymberleigh Saturday, October 20, 2012 2:43 PM
    Saturday, October 20, 2012 2:41 PM
  • Here is the tool to remove the Click-2-Run App-V virtual drive, and also the tool to completely remove the Office installations from your computer without re-installing or restoring Windows to a previous date.

These files are located on my SkyDrive account:
    http://sdrv.ms/11hV2PR

This download is comprised of several tools to remove the latest versions of Microsoft Office and the App-V virtual drives.

Run the offcln.exe tool to delete all traces of Office,
    then reboot,
    and run the CleanC2R.exe tool to delete the virtual drive Q and R from your system.
    A second reboot will be required.

This package also includes the msizap.exe tool and the oclncore.opc resource files.

IT Consultant for 27 years Currently work in the field 5 days out of 7, 12 hours a day minimum. I like my work. "Nothing in the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity." --Martin Luther King, Jr.

Sunday, December 02, 2012 1:12 AM
  • Thank you so much for the removal tools for Office 10 Starter and Click-2-Run. I thought I as going to have to strip down my computer and reset to factory settings. Your fix worked like a charm. I really appreciate it.

Thanks again,

maybrook33

Tuesday, September 24, 2013 9:39 AM
  • The removal tools for Microsoft Office and Click-2-Run posted by KieSeyHow are the only thing that worked for me. It removed Microsoft Word Starter 2010 (nothing else would). Then when I ran Microsoft Office 2010 it let me reinstall Microsoft Word Starter 2010.
    Thursday, February 27, 2014 8:24 AM