none
How do I turn off reminders in one MS Outlook Calendar, but not the other?

Question

• I have my calendar and I also have a calendar (lets call it Shared Calendar) in which I copied all of my team's calendars into. I want to keep the Reminder alert on my calendar and turn off the Reminder alerts on the Shared Calendar.  How can I do this?
    Thursday, July 12, 2012 11:05 AM

Answers

• Hi,

Yes , like Rajitha said , the reminder comes from organizer. Unless the organizer uncheck Reminder in OWA or Outlook (File—Calendar—uncheck Default Reminder/change the reminder value to None directly when create an meeting) when we arrange the meeting.

But if we do like this, all the user who be invited will lost the reminder.

We can dismiss the reminder,  or single click an meeting in Calendar and then change the reminder value to “None” for single meeting  as workaround.

Wendy Liu

TechNet Community Support

Wednesday, July 18, 2012 2:37 AM

All replies

• Reminders is an outlook option and cannot be changed for each calendar. Ideally, you should not receive the reminders for others calendar's entries unless you are an organizer or attendee to that meeting request
    Thursday, July 12, 2012 11:31 AM
  • Hi,

Yes , like Rajitha said , the reminder comes from organizer. Unless the organizer uncheck Reminder in OWA or Outlook (File—Calendar—uncheck Default Reminder/change the reminder value to None directly when create an meeting) when we arrange the meeting.

But if we do like this, all the user who be invited will lost the reminder.

We can dismiss the reminder,  or single click an meeting in Calendar and then change the reminder value to “None” for single meeting  as workaround.

Wendy Liu

TechNet Community Support

Wednesday, July 18, 2012 2:37 AM