none
Mind map in Visio?

Question

• Hello,

I have found an article from Microsoft teaching how to create mind map with Visio:
    http://www.microsoft.com/education/analyticalvisio.mspx

This feature is very attractive. But in File->New-FlowChart, I could not find "Mind Mapping Diagram".

Is there any way to enable it, or is it a template that can be downloaded from Microsoft? Can any one provide me with the link?

Thanks,
    Bob

Wednesday, November 24, 2010 10:35 AM

Answers

• I wish they would put version numbers on their examples....

Mindmapping in Visio 2010 is now brainstorming.

John... the original Visio MVP (since 1993) Visio.MVPs.org
    Wednesday, November 24, 2010 3:06 PM

All replies

Wednesday, November 24, 2010 3:06 PM
  • Hi Bob,

John is right. The Mind Mapping template has been replaced by the Brainstorming template, which streamlines the process of adding topics, arranging topics, and formatting your diagram.

If you want to use Brainstorming template, you can click File->New->Business->Brainstorming Diagram

Hope that helps.

Thursday, November 25, 2010 2:55 AM
  • Dear Jennifer,

I tried another XMind, which is much more powerful and convenient than Visio for brainstorming. Does Visio 2007 only have this single installed template? Isn't there any enhanced brainstorming template from Microsoft or elsewhere?

Bob

Friday, November 26, 2010 4:02 PM

Thx a lot! why, but why change all the time? this is counter productive, is it not? besides, a mind map is not only used for brainstorming, but also for guiding or illustrating. Please, Microsoft developers, could you name things after what they are, not what you think they are used for at the moment.
    Friday, November 30, 2012 10:34 AM
  • I very much doubt it's the developers who want these things to change; it's usually marketing.

Paul Herber, Sandrila Ltd. Engineering and software shapes for Visio
    Sandrila Ltd

Monday, December 03, 2012 12:44 AM