none
How to uninstall MS Office Home and Student Trial 2007 - completely

Question

• This is the only forum I can find here that might answer my question as follows.  If not, and someone would kindly point me to where I would get an answer (short of the paid support, whcih I can't afford), I would be extrenely grateful.

I have MS Office Home and student 2007 trial, which has 

expired, on a Windows 7 netbook, with MS Activation 

Assistant for Netbooks and MS Office Click to Run 2010.  

I want to uninstall MS on my netbook in its entirety.  

Please advise me of the sequence in which I should 

uninstall the above programs.
    I understand I should uninstall MSctivation assistant 

before I uninstall MS Office Home and Student trial.  Is 

that correct.?  
    What then about MS Office Click to run?  I have 

downloaded the dedicated MS zip. which I understand is 

the only way in which to uninstall that.  At what point in the 

sequence do I do that?
    I also have MS SQL server 2005 compact Edition (ENU).  

Is that related to MS Office Home and Student?  Do I 

need to install that in order uninstall MS Office in its 

entirety?  I belive not, but please also advise.
    Finally, I have MS Office Live Add-in 1.5.  At what point 

do I uninstall that?
    Many thanks. 
    Sunday, October 24, 2010 10:21 AM

Answers

• Hi, rosietoes 

Are you trying to uninstall it from add and remove program in the control panel.

How do I uninstall the trial from my computer if I decide not to convert the software or I choose to purchase another Microsoft Office 2007 product?

It is not necessary to uninstall the trial if you choose not to convert the software.

However, if you choose to purchase another Microsoft Office 2007 suite or program then it is recommended to uninstall the trial software prior to loading the software.

To uninstall the trial, you should follow these steps:

1. To open Add or Remove Programs, click Start, click Control Panel, and then double-click Add or Remove Programs.

2. Click Change or Remove Programs.

3. Scroll down until you find Microsoft Office 2007. Please note that there may be nothing in the Change or Remove Programs dialog box that indicates that the program is a trial.

4. Click Microsoft Office 2007 and then click Remove, the program will then run through the uninstall process.

if that doesn't work then make sure you have windows installer ,installed on your computer ,it will be in add and remove programs also ,if not there make sure you have all the latest windows updates to get the installer . 

Sincerely,

Harry 

• Marked as answer by Sally Tang Thursday, November 04, 2010 8:23 AM
    Monday, October 25, 2010 6:03 AM

All replies

• Hi, rosietoes 

Are you trying to uninstall it from add and remove program in the control panel.

How do I uninstall the trial from my computer if I decide not to convert the software or I choose to purchase another Microsoft Office 2007 product?

It is not necessary to uninstall the trial if you choose not to convert the software.

However, if you choose to purchase another Microsoft Office 2007 suite or program then it is recommended to uninstall the trial software prior to loading the software.

To uninstall the trial, you should follow these steps:

1. To open Add or Remove Programs, click Start, click Control Panel, and then double-click Add or Remove Programs.

2. Click Change or Remove Programs.

3. Scroll down until you find Microsoft Office 2007. Please note that there may be nothing in the Change or Remove Programs dialog box that indicates that the program is a trial.

4. Click Microsoft Office 2007 and then click Remove, the program will then run through the uninstall process.

if that doesn't work then make sure you have windows installer ,installed on your computer ,it will be in add and remove programs also ,if not there make sure you have all the latest windows updates to get the installer . 

Sincerely,

Harry 

• Marked as answer by Sally Tang Thursday, November 04, 2010 8:23 AM
    Monday, October 25, 2010 6:03 AM

• My copy of Windows 7 does not have Change or Remove Programs.  It does have Programs and Features within which you can unistall programs.

However, you have not answered my careful questions.  Your reply treats the matter as a simple uninstall of MS Office, which is not my problem, which is that my researches tell me, as I say in my questions, that, for example, you must uninstall Activation Assistant before uninstalling Office - a Google search shows many people doing it the other way round and encountering problems. That means there is indeed a sequence for uninstalling Office and its associated programs. Click and Run has again caused many people different problems.  I am concerned therefore to uninstall these 3 programs without problems, i.e in the correct sequence, e.g. do I uninstall Click and Run before or after Activation Assistant: if after, before or after Office? These things matter as we have all suffered at some point in time from a 'bad' uninstall, which has stubbornly refused to be corrected, sometimes leading to a reinstall of Windows.

You also do not refer to my SQL program and Office Live Add-in program, which I have mentioned for completeness.  I suspect neither is a concern and I just uninstall them after getting rid of Office - but what do I know?

So, I look forward to hearing from you further.

Best regards,
    Monday, October 25, 2010 11:06 AM
  • Hi, rosietoes

To fix the unable and cannot uninstall the Office Activation Assistant issue. 

The solution is just download a trial version of the Microsoft Office 2007 software from Microsoft, and install it on the PC.

Then proceed to uninstall and remove Activation Assistant properly, before continuing to uninstall and get rid of the Office trial again.

Sincerely,

Harry 

Tuesday, October 26, 2010 2:39 AM
  • Hi,

uninstall the add-in programs first, and then uninstall the Office program.

Thursday, November 04, 2010 8:23 AM