none
WAC and Lync 2013 server - 'Error in /m'

Question

• I have successfully integrated Office Web App Server with my SharePoint 2013, and Exchange 2013 servers, I'm right now trying to get integration between Lync 2013 and Office Web App server going, but i'm encountering an error when trying to present powerpoint documents.

"Some sharing features are unavailable due to server connectivity issues"

I can confirm that LS Data MCU event IT 41032 on the Lync Server, and have restarted my Lync FE server. On the WAC Server I'm noticing the following error occurs when trying to share a powerpoint:

Event code: 3008 
    Event message: A configuration error has occurred. 
    Event time: 2/7/2013 9:41:30 AM 
    Event time (UTC): 2/7/2013 5:41:30 PM 
    Event ID: 3808d0e3d8674543807c3d304f4412e5 
    Event sequence: 1 
    Event occurrence: 1 
    Event detail code: 0 

Application information: 
        Application domain: /LM/W3SVC/2/ROOT/m-10-130047324907416215 
        Trust level: Full 
        Application Virtual Path: /m 
        Application Path: C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office Web Apps\BroadcastServices_Host\ 
        Machine name: OWA 

Process information: 
        Process ID: 1820 
        Process name: w3wp.exe 
        Account name: NT AUTHORITY\NETWORK SERVICE 

Exception information: 
        Exception type: ConfigurationErrorsException 
        Exception message: Could not load file or assembly 'Microsoft.Build.Utilities, Version=2.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b03f5f7f11d50a3a' or one of its dependencies. The system cannot find the file specified. (C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office Web Apps\BroadcastServices_Host\web.config line 44)
       at System.Web.Configuration.CompilationSection.LoadAssemblyHelper(String assemblyName, Boolean starDirective)
       at System.Web.Configuration.AssemblyInfo.get_AssemblyInternal()
       at System.Web.Compilation.BuildManager.GetReferencedAssemblies(CompilationSection compConfig)
       at System.Web.Compilation.BuildManager.CallPreStartInitMethods(String preStartInitListPath)
       at System.Web.Compilation.BuildManager.ExecutePreAppStart()
       at System.Web.Hosting.HostingEnvironment.Initialize(ApplicationManager appManager, IApplicationHost appHost, IConfigMapPathFactory configMapPathFactory, HostingEnvironmentParameters hostingParameters, PolicyLevel policyLevel, Exception appDomainCreationException)

Could not load file or assembly 'Microsoft.Build.Utilities, Version=2.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b03f5f7f11d50a3a' or one of its dependencies. The system cannot find the file specified.
       at System.Reflection.RuntimeAssembly._nLoad(AssemblyName fileName, String codeBase, Evidence assemblySecurity, RuntimeAssembly locationHint, StackCrawlMark& stackMark, IntPtr pPrivHostBinder, Boolean throwOnFileNotFound, Boolean forIntrospection, Boolean suppressSecurityChecks)
       at System.Reflection.RuntimeAssembly.InternalLoadAssemblyName(AssemblyName assemblyRef, Evidence assemblySecurity, RuntimeAssembly reqAssembly, StackCrawlMark& stackMark, IntPtr pPrivHostBinder, Boolean throwOnFileNotFound, Boolean forIntrospection, Boolean suppressSecurityChecks)
       at System.Reflection.RuntimeAssembly.InternalLoad(String assemblyString, Evidence assemblySecurity, StackCrawlMark& stackMark, IntPtr pPrivHostBinder, Boolean forIntrospection)
       at System.Reflection.RuntimeAssembly.InternalLoad(String assemblyString, Evidence assemblySecurity, StackCrawlMark& stackMark, Boolean forIntrospection)
       at System.Reflection.Assembly.Load(String assemblyString)
       at System.Web.Configuration.CompilationSection.LoadAssemblyHelper(String assemblyName, Boolean starDirective)

Request information: 
        Request URL: https://office.somedomain.com:443/m/ParticipantFrame.aspx?a=0&e=true& 
        Request path: /m/ParticipantFrame.aspx 
        User host address: xx.xx.xx.xx 
        User:  
        Is authenticated: False 
        Authentication Type:  
        Thread account name: NT AUTHORITY\NETWORK SERVICE 

Thread information: 
        Thread ID: 39 
        Is impersonating: False 
        Stack trace:    at System.Web.Configuration.CompilationSection.LoadAssemblyHelper(String assemblyName, Boolean starDirective)
       at System.Web.Configuration.AssemblyInfo.get_AssemblyInternal()
       at System.Web.Compilation.BuildManager.GetReferencedAssemblies(CompilationSection compConfig)
       at System.Web.Compilation.BuildManager.CallPreStartInitMethods(String preStartInitListPath)
       at System.Web.Compilation.BuildManager.ExecutePreAppStart()
       at System.Web.Hosting.HostingEnvironment.Initialize(ApplicationManager appManager, IApplicationHost appHost, IConfigMapPathFactory configMapPathFactory, HostingEnvironmentParameters hostingParameters, PolicyLevel policyLevel, Exception appDomainCreationException)

Custom event details: 

accessing the URL directly https://office.somedomain.com:443/m/ParticipantFrame.aspx?a=0&e=true& also returns the "error in /m"

any advise?

Thursday, February 07, 2013 5:55 PM

Answers

• Derek,

While reviewing the post noticed having issue integrating with Lync Server 2013 with Office Web Apps Server 2013 and can you check the following:

1. What is the Office Web Apps Server 2013 Server Operating System?
    2. Post .Net 3.5 installation whether Office Web Apps Server 2013 Server was rebooted
    3. From the Office Web Apps Server 2013 | Windows PowerShell | Run As Administrator try the following command, the command information can be found here http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/jj219434

Get-OfficeWebAppsFarm

The output will display the Office Web Apps configuration.   Please verify both Internal and External URL

1. Please confirm whether https://SERVERNAME/hosting/discovery  displaying the information in the Browser correctly.
    2. From the Lync Server 2013 | Event Viewer |  Lync Server | Event ID 41032 displaying the Office Web Apps Server URL correctly or not

Next Step

Review the Validating the Configuration of Office Web Apps Server TechNet article http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/jj205393.aspx  from the Lync Server 2013.    I hope the Lync Server 2013 Topology Publishing was successful.

Modify the web.config in \Program Files\Microsoft Office Web Apps\BroadcastService_Host\web.config and change the following lines

From

<add assembly="Microsoft.Build.Utilities, Version=2.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=B03F5F7F11D50A3A"/>

<add assembly="Microsoft.Build.Framework, Version=2.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=B03F5F7F11D50A3A"/>

To

<add assembly="Microsoft.Build.Utilities.v4.0, Version=4.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=B03F5F7F11D50A3A"/>

<add assembly="Microsoft.Build.Framework, Version=4.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=B03F5F7F11D50A3A"/>

After changing the for BroadcastService, resart IIS and Office Web Apps service:

restart-service wacsm –force

Configuring Integration with Office Web Apps Server and Lync Server 2013  topic discussed in the TechNet Article http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/jj204792.aspx

Regards, JalalB - MSFT

Friday, February 08, 2013 8:30 PM

All replies

• Update: I just found out that the TechNet article "Deploy Office Web Apps Server" is missing a detail that you need to install .net framework 3.5. I've installed that but am now encountering the following:

Event code: 3005 
    Event message: An unhandled exception has occurred. 
    Event time: 2/7/2013 10:11:25 AM 
    Event time (UTC): 2/7/2013 6:11:25 PM 
    Event ID: 4e7360ac538e404d9a078d1d81d7fc11 
    Event sequence: 12 
    Event occurrence: 1 
    Event detail code: 0 

Application information: 
        Application domain: /LM/W3SVC/2/ROOT/m-1-130047341308711508 
        Trust level: Full 
        Application Virtual Path: /m 
        Application Path: C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office Web Apps\BroadcastServices_Host\ 
        Machine name: OWA 

Process information: 
        Process ID: 5524 
        Process name: w3wp.exe 
        Account name: NT AUTHORITY\NETWORK SERVICE 

Exception information: 
        Exception type: FileUnknownException 
        Exception message: required URL paramters are not present
       at Microsoft.Office.Web.Apps.Common.WopiDocument.CreateFromQuerySignature(String querySignature)
       at Microsoft.Office.Server.Broadcast.Web.UI.ParticipantControl.OnPreRender(EventArgs e)
       at System.Web.UI.Control.PreRenderRecursiveInternal()
       at System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain(Boolean includeStagesBeforeAsyncPoint, Boolean includeStagesAfterAsyncPoint)

Request information: 
        Request URL: https://office.somedomain.com:443/m/ParticipantFrame.aspx?a=0&embed=true& 
        Request path: /m/ParticipantFrame.aspx 
        User host address: xx.xx.xx.xx 
        User:  
        Is authenticated: False 
        Authentication Type:  

Thread information: 
        Thread ID: 12 
        Is impersonating: False 
        Stack trace:    at Microsoft.Office.Web.Apps.Common.WopiDocument.CreateFromQuerySignature(String querySignature)
       at Microsoft.Office.Server.Broadcast.Web.UI.ParticipantControl.OnPreRender(EventArgs e)
       at System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain(Boolean includeStagesBeforeAsyncPoint, Boolean includeStagesAfterAsyncPoint)

Thursday, February 07, 2013 6:24 PM
  • This is a quick note to let you know that I am trying to involve someone familiar with this topic to further look at this issue.

Max Meng
    TechNet Community Support

Friday, February 08, 2013 2:20 AM
  • Derek,

While reviewing the post noticed having issue integrating with Lync Server 2013 with Office Web Apps Server 2013 and can you check the following:

1. What is the Office Web Apps Server 2013 Server Operating System?
    2. Post .Net 3.5 installation whether Office Web Apps Server 2013 Server was rebooted
    3. From the Office Web Apps Server 2013 | Windows PowerShell | Run As Administrator try the following command, the command information can be found here http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/jj219434

Get-OfficeWebAppsFarm

The output will display the Office Web Apps configuration.   Please verify both Internal and External URL

1. Please confirm whether https://SERVERNAME/hosting/discovery  displaying the information in the Browser correctly.
    2. From the Lync Server 2013 | Event Viewer |  Lync Server | Event ID 41032 displaying the Office Web Apps Server URL correctly or not

Next Step

Review the Validating the Configuration of Office Web Apps Server TechNet article http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/jj205393.aspx  from the Lync Server 2013.    I hope the Lync Server 2013 Topology Publishing was successful.

Modify the web.config in \Program Files\Microsoft Office Web Apps\BroadcastService_Host\web.config and change the following lines

From

<add assembly="Microsoft.Build.Utilities, Version=2.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=B03F5F7F11D50A3A"/>

<add assembly="Microsoft.Build.Framework, Version=2.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=B03F5F7F11D50A3A"/>

To

<add assembly="Microsoft.Build.Utilities.v4.0, Version=4.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=B03F5F7F11D50A3A"/>

<add assembly="Microsoft.Build.Framework, Version=4.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=B03F5F7F11D50A3A"/>

After changing the for BroadcastService, resart IIS and Office Web Apps service:

Configuring Integration with Office Web Apps Server and Lync Server 2013  topic discussed in the TechNet Article http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/jj204792.aspx

Regards, JalalB - MSFT

Friday, February 08, 2013 8:30 PM
  • Modify the web.config in \Program Files\Microsoft Office Web Apps\BroadcastService_Host\web.config and change the following lines

From

To

Jalal,

this seemed to be the problem, After I performed this, I then got an error notifying my that the lync server wasn't in the allowed domains list. After adding it to the list I was then able to get the powerpoint presentation up and running.

Thanks!

Friday, February 08, 2013 9:34 PM
  • Hello,

I have a similar problema, but I've only deployed Web Apps Server fot Lync 2013.

Everything looks fine, but PowerPoint presentations are not working.

I've already tried the solution proposed here with no luck.

When trying to share a presentation, I have the "Some presenting features are unavailable due to server connectivity issues.".

WebApps Server only shows the error from Monitoring.

The FE can discover the WebApps Server and I can opne the discovery URL with no problems.

Can you please help?

Wednesday, April 03, 2013 11:47 AM
  • on the WAC server did you add the URL to your lync server in the allowed domains list? I believe it's the New-OfficeWebAppsHost -Domain <String> command in powershell. That was the one step I was missing.

I had several issues that branched from this original issue. I found that reinstalling Office Web Apps Server temporarily fixed the issue, but it came back so I had to down the service. I installed the March CU for office web server, and it has been much more stable as of now.

Wednesday, April 03, 2013 4:42 PM
  • After doing what Derek told, I received the same error...

But then I've remembered, my computer is not in domain, I have to manualy enter de proxy configurations. So, I've reseted this configs on both machines I'm testing, and now it's working!!!

Thanks for your help!

For me, case closed!!

Thursday, April 04, 2013 8:01 AM