none
Outlook 2003 set up with gmail IMAP account - problem in Sent Items folder

    Question

  • Hi, I'm wondering if anyone has come across this issue before and can give me a fix for it. I work as an IT Support Tech and I have a client who has gmail. She uses Outlook 2003 and the gmail account is set up as an IMAP account on there. She can send and recieve etc all ok.

    The problem is that the 'To' name in the send folder is blank by default, untill she clicks on it, when it then appears. So far, I have changed the setting so that the Sent Items folder downloads the whole message including attachments (rather then just the header) and that didn't make any difference. I also created a new folder and created a rule that copied all send emails to it, but the new folder did the same thing.

    I'm out of ideas (other then to recreate the Outlook profile but I don't really want to do that as there's another e-mail account in it too and I've got her settings etc all just the way she likes them now so I don't want to start all over again if I can avoid it)

    Any suggestions would be gratefully received :) (I've posted on the Gmail support forum too)

    Sunday, October 07, 2012 7:12 AM

All replies

  • Do you mean that you cannot view the To in Outlook 2003?

    By default, Outlook has a "Sent To" view which is configured to show the "To" column. If you cannot see it. You can also reset the view. To do this select your Sent Items folder and go to
     
    View-> Arrange By-> Custom…-> button Reset Current View

    If you do not want to reset the view, you can also add the column manually:

    View-> Arrange By-> Custom…-> button Fields

    Good luck.

    Tony Chen

    TechNet Community Support

    Monday, October 08, 2012 2:38 AM
    Moderator
  • Sorry for very late reply, but I came on here for a new problem and noticed this and thought I'd add what I did to fix it in case anyone comes across then when searching.

    Thanks for the reply Tony, but no that isn't the Issue - the 'To' column was there in the view, but not populated.

    I couldn't find any solution to the problem (even deleting the profile and recreating didn't work) so I upgraded the client to Outlook 2007 and everything works as expected in Outlook 2007.

    Wednesday, January 09, 2013 5:05 PM