none
My Office Home and Student package is telling me Activation has Failed

Question

• Last year at university me and my friend split the cost to buy MS Office Home and Student 2010. About 2 months ago I started getting a notice about product activation failing. When entering the key again, it accepted it, but as soon as I reopened Office it was telling me activation had failed again.

I decided to buy another copy as my parents were also in need of an upgrade (from Office 2000!), so this time I split the cost with them to buy another Family pack MS Office Home and Student 2010. When I got home I entered the product key from the new one, and it did the same as before - activation succeeded, but when I reopened Office it was telling me it had failed.

I'm worried now that this will have used up 1 of the 3 activations, so I'm very reluctant to completely reinstall MS Office to see if that would fix the problem.

As the key went through successfully, I'm wondering if there's a way I can prevent the annoying red bar appearing on top of my Office programs without sacrificing another activation attempt?

Thanks.

• Moved by David Wolters Friday, August 17, 2012 2:27 PM moving to a more appropriate forum (From:Office Volume Activation)
    Friday, August 17, 2012 6:48 AM

Answers

• This link provides a few different methods for activating MS Office and also has the phone number to contact support.  Don't worry, if you call them and tell them the situation, you won't lose any of your 3 licenses. 

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/822519

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.

Friday, August 17, 2012 2:52 PM