none
Cannot see created rules in Rules Manager

Question

• Hi, im using Outlook 2010 with exchange 2007, my email account have a default PST file where it have all my emails. I can see two Inbox (The pst and the Exchange), when I create a rule "newrule" in the pst inbox it applies only once and when I go to the Rules Manager I cant find it anywhere. Then when I create the same rule again the wizard shows the name "newrule(1)", so my rule is saved somewhere, but I cant find it in the Rule Manager.

If I create a new rule in the Rule Manager then I can see it but is really annoying to create a rule step by step in the manager.

Some details I think that might be important:

* I only have my exchange email account setup in outlook

* My emails get downloaded to my local PST file

* I try to create rule by right-clicking on the email received in my inbox and then click on rules-> create rules

Monday, March 19, 2012 4:03 AM

Answers

All replies

• 1. use MFCMAPI.exe check your rule first

2. run scanpst.exe 

3. if all not working , please restore the mailbox and export the rules.

Stay Hungry, Stay Foolish

Monday, March 19, 2012 9:51 AM
  • Hi,

Thanks for the reply.. but there is one problem.. I was unable to find the "MFCMAPI.exe" and when I googled it.. it said that is tool is supposed to be used on the exchange server and not on a client machine.

Secondly, I tried the "scanpst.exe" found and repaired errors on the pst, restarted my comp after that.. still the same problem persists.. :(

Kindly Help!!

Monday, March 19, 2012 10:12 AM
  • Sorry, i am not considering you are normal user.

Contact your IT department will solve problem.

Stay Hungry, Stay Foolish

Tuesday, March 20, 2012 9:05 AM