none
MS Outlook 2010 - Drafts folder

Question

• Hi

I have an issue that when I save a mail to the Drafts folder it cannot be seen although there is a number on the drafts folder indicating an item. If I know the subject of the message I can search and find it but is there a way to fix the issue?

Thursday, January 26, 2012 12:00 PM

Answers

• Hello,

Thank you for your post.

Could you tell me the type of your email account? Exchange, Pop3 or IMAP?

I noticed that you mentioned the message could be found via search function. According to the search results, please clarify which folder is this E-mail located in? Drafts folder or another folder?
    (We may also move the saved message to Drafts folder to check if we can see it in it.)

In addition, did you set any filter rules to this drafts folder? Please right click the Drafts Folder and check it in Properties > Synchronization > Filter.

We may also create a new profile follow the article below to test it:
    http://support.microsoft.com/kb/829918

Note: A new profile is a new environment for us to use Outlook. To create a new profile is only for a test to see if the problem is related to the corrupt profile of Outlook. Creating new profile will not do any damage to the old profile.

Let me know the result. Thanks.

Cheers,
    Tony Chen
    Forum Support

Friday, January 27, 2012 2:19 AM

All replies

• Hello,

Thank you for your post.

Could you tell me the type of your email account? Exchange, Pop3 or IMAP?

I noticed that you mentioned the message could be found via search function. According to the search results, please clarify which folder is this E-mail located in? Drafts folder or another folder?
    (We may also move the saved message to Drafts folder to check if we can see it in it.)

In addition, did you set any filter rules to this drafts folder? Please right click the Drafts Folder and check it in Properties > Synchronization > Filter.

We may also create a new profile follow the article below to test it:
    http://support.microsoft.com/kb/829918

Note: A new profile is a new environment for us to use Outlook. To create a new profile is only for a test to see if the problem is related to the corrupt profile of Outlook. Creating new profile will not do any damage to the old profile.

Let me know the result. Thanks.

Cheers,
    Tony Chen
    Forum Support

Friday, January 27, 2012 2:19 AM
  • Hi,

Thanks for the reply

Outlook 2010 is connected to a Exchange 2010 Server

The e-mail is located within the drafts folder but can not be seen when a mail is saved however a number is indicated on the drafts folder to indicate how manys items are stored

I tested the new profile previously and the issue still remains.

I will check the synchronization filter.

Friday, January 27, 2012 7:55 AM
  • Hi,

I am currently standing by for an update from you and would like to know how things are going.

We may also logon OWA(Outlook Web Access) to check the result.

Feel free to post back.

Cheers,
    Tony Chen
    Forum Support

Monday, January 30, 2012 1:03 AM
  • Any Questions? Feel free to post back and I am glad to continue to follow up this case with you.

Cheers,
    Tony Chen
    Forum Support

Thursday, February 02, 2012 5:25 PM
  • Hi,
    I'm marking the reply as answer as there has been no update for a couple of days.
    If you come back to find it doesn't work for you, please reply to us and unmark the answer.

Cheers,
    Tony Chen
    Forum Support

Monday, February 06, 2012 1:34 AM
  • Outlook 2010, Server 2008

I'm having the same issue. Has anyone found a fix?

Monday, March 19, 2012 3:58 PM