none
Cannot re-install my microsoft office 2010 Home and student editon.

Question

•     Hello my name is Peter and a few months ago I bought microsoft office home and student 2010 for $110. I have activated the program on my computer and have been using the program for a few months now until I was forced to reset my computer due to technical difficulties. And when I try to re-install the product on the same computer, I sign into my microsoft account but it continually says that someone else has been using this account. But when it asks me what email address to send the code to it goes to an old email address that is no longer active and has been deleted. I have also tried to answer the security questions but I am unable to answer most of the questions for example - "What are your alternate passwords" - I have never set any other passwords... "what credit cards have you had on this account" I have never used a credit card on this account... " What emails have you sent/received recently" I do not use the account to send emails only to receive them.  Therefore I cannot answer the question and I do not know of any emails I have recently received because I only check every few weeks and do not know what I have received. I have even tried to call microsoft support multiple times but with no luck. Every time I call they tell me the same thing "We will send you an email to your alternate email with the next steps to solve your problem" I have called 6 times and each time I receive an email with information on what I have already tried! Such as the email and the security questions. I need help now because I have spent soo much money and now I am unable to use what I have worked hard to earn and need to use because I am a student. I need for microsoft to unblock my account so that I can use my Microsoft office home and student 2010 again!
    Wednesday, March 20, 2013 9:41 PM

All replies

• Hi,

Where do you save the product key of your Office suite? Is it still in the Microsoft website?

Can you sign in the mailbox with you Live ID?

Check if the following article can be helpful on this:

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/823570

Best regards,

Rex Zhang
    TechNet Community Support

Monday, March 25, 2013 8:14 AM
  • I have the product key at home on the case but I cannot get the activation key. An no I cannot sign in it just says "looks like someone has been using your account"
    Wednesday, April 03, 2013 5:55 PM