none
Outlook 2013 Crashes when Printing

Question

• All of my other Office 2013 applications print just fine, however Outlook crashes every single time i try to print - either to a regular or PDF printer.

Any help is greatly appreciated - i am very disappointed in the stability of the 2013 products - lots of crashing, in general.

Thursday, August 08, 2013 4:31 PM

Answers

• Hi,

Outlook keep its printing style settings in a file called OutPrnt. We could sollve this issue by renaming the OutPrnt file to .old when Outlook is closed.

You can find this file:

drive:\Users\<user>\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Outlook

If it doesn't work, please try to repair your outlook.pst file by scanpst.exe as the following method:

How to use the Inbox Repair tool to recover email messages in Outlook

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/287497

Best regards,

Karen Hu

Friday, August 09, 2013 5:56 AM

All replies

• Hi,

Outlook keep its printing style settings in a file called OutPrnt. We could sollve this issue by renaming the OutPrnt file to .old when Outlook is closed.

You can find this file:

drive:\Users\<user>\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Outlook

If it doesn't work, please try to repair your outlook.pst file by scanpst.exe as the following method:

How to use the Inbox Repair tool to recover email messages in Outlook

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/287497

Best regards,

Karen Hu

Friday, August 09, 2013 5:56 AM
  • I have exactly the same thing. It is not the archive as the problem can be recreated on two different workstations. It appears to be due to an external graphic link in the mail (I can print from every other email in my inbox). OutPrnt does not even exist in the folder named above.

Can send a msg file for you to reproduce if required.

Tuesday, March 11, 2014 7:15 AM
  • Update:

It does print in the end. It takes about ~15 minutes to get the print preview up, and a further ~20 minutes to print. Clearly there is no time-out (or it is insufficient) when dealing with external links for images (that are bad links)....

Tuesday, March 11, 2014 7:50 AM