none
When choosing "Save" or "Save As" in Word 2007 new document Word freezes

Question

• I tried suggested solutions from KB918165 and KB921541.  I did a complete uninstall then reinstall of Office 07.  I've tried using Safe Mode with Networking.  Also I've tried logging in under a different user profile.  None of these options have worked for me.  Lastly, I wanted to mention that when sending an email in Outlook 2007 on this same laptop with the Word 2007 issue I've found that when we choose the "Attach File" option in Outlook, Outlook freezes.  Please help with this issue.
    Thursday, June 16, 2011 10:00 PM

Answers

• Hi,

Does the problem only happen with that one document, or with any document you open or create in Word 2007?

Have you tried repairing Office yet? You can do so by going into Start| Control Panel | Programs and Features | Microsoft Office 2007 |Change | Repair |Continue.

Word crashes when you save or save as in word 2007 and in your initial post you say when you choose Attach File option the Outlook freezes.

You may have a program running in normal mode that is interfering with Office.

You might want to try performing a clean boot to troubleshoot this issue. A clean boot disables all startup programs and 3rd party services.

This article How to troubleshoot a problem by performing a clean boot in Windows Vista or in windows 7 has the step by step instructions for performing clean boot troubleshooting.

Sincerely

Harry

• Marked as answer by Harry Yuan Wednesday, June 22, 2011 1:51 AM
    Monday, June 20, 2011 6:24 AM