none
Product Key MS office pro Plus 2010

Question

• Hello, 

I had purchased MS Office PP 2010 last year through work and a special deal with Microsoft.   Recently my computer crashed, I have a back up on an external drive but in the meantime I built a new PC, when I had the CD from Louisville KY shipped to me it didn't have a product key, there was a process by which is no longer available to get that Product Key through my company.   I need to reinstall this on my new machine, but can't find the product key on my external, b/c it's encrypted (I am sure, plus I don't think it copied the registry from the old computer)  

Is there a number I can call, that they can look up my purchase?  or chat room that I can explain this and have them try to look it up?

Thanks In Advance

Thursday, June 21, 2012 12:38 AM

Answers

• I have the same exact problem. I ordered Microsoft Office 2010 Professional Plus through my company's website which redirected me to this site http://hup.microsoft.com/. I ordered it from there but my company has automated mailbox administrator that does cleanup and I didn't save the product key. I did take a snapshot of my "About Microsoft Office"  tab in the application before I re-imaged my laptop thinking that the "Product ID" would be sufficient in re-installing it but evidently "0" and "5" is not a valid character for the product ID. I am a systems engineer for United Airlines and, not for nothing, but this Microsoft website sent me into 17 jug handle turns and gave me a headache. Not to mention the lack of an actual person to talk to on the phone. Great job in cutting down costs, but my problem still isn't solved.
    • Marked as answer by RaptorZ281 Friday, June 22, 2012 12:27 AM
    Thursday, June 21, 2012 1:07 AM

All replies

• I have the same exact problem. I ordered Microsoft Office 2010 Professional Plus through my company's website which redirected me to this site http://hup.microsoft.com/. I ordered it from there but my company has automated mailbox administrator that does cleanup and I didn't save the product key. I did take a snapshot of my "About Microsoft Office"  tab in the application before I re-imaged my laptop thinking that the "Product ID" would be sufficient in re-installing it but evidently "0" and "5" is not a valid character for the product ID. I am a systems engineer for United Airlines and, not for nothing, but this Microsoft website sent me into 17 jug handle turns and gave me a headache. Not to mention the lack of an actual person to talk to on the phone. Great job in cutting down costs, but my problem still isn't solved.
    • Marked as answer by RaptorZ281 Friday, June 22, 2012 12:27 AM
    Thursday, June 21, 2012 1:07 AM
  • I was finally able to get a hold of someone named SAM at 1-877-696-7786 and he was able to resend the original confirmation email to my corporate email address which contained the product key I needed. The original download link gave me file X16-19332.exe which wouldn't accept my product key. The new download link points to file X17-75238.exe which I am downloading now at about 200Kbps even thought I have Optimum Online cable. The file size is 1008MB. Sam said he would call me back in one hour to check up but also gave me a case number in case I wanted to call back another rep would have the information. I suggest you all follow this process and give all the information you can about the original email address used to make the initial purchase(if made through microsoft.com).
    Thursday, June 21, 2012 1:47 AM
  • Actually the site you gave me worked!   it had my order history and the prod key underneath...thanks a ton!
    Friday, June 22, 2012 12:27 AM