none
Repair of Word Starter 2010

Question

• I was not able to open MS word or MS excel and I was asked to repair Word Start 2010 in the control panel.  I went to the control panel, click on MS Office Word Starter 2010 and right click "change".  However, the repair did not start and I got a message that I do not have internet connection.  Internet connection is already on and I do not know why I get this error message (as I was able to access the internet- like now). THanks
    Thursday, August 02, 2012 12:39 AM

Answers

• Hi,

Please try to turn off Anti-virus scanner test if it helps.

If you have both Cable and Wireless, please set Cable connection as default.

If Word Starter 2010 or Excel Starter 2010 cannot be opened, uninstall and reinstall Microsoft Office Starter 2010:

1. Click Start (or Start > Run in Windows XP).
    2. Type appwiz.cpl, and then press Enter.
    3. Before going any further, make sure you see Microsoft Office 2010 in the list of installed programs. You'll need to use this program later to reinstall Office Starter 2010 on the computer.
    4. Click Microsoft Office Starter 2010, and then click Uninstall (or Remove in Windows XP). 
    5. Click Yes and follow the instructions to uninstall Office Starter 2010. 
    6. To reinstall Office Starter 2010, click Start > All Programs > Microsoft Office 2010.  
    7. Click Use.  
    8. And then click Open. This will re-install Office Starter 2010. 

If the error continues to occur, you may have to do a full restore of the computer to reinstall Microsoft Office Starter 2010. We recommend you contact the computer manufacturer to talk about your options before you do this.

Reference:  http://support.microsoft.com/kb/2465140

Best regards.

William Zhou

TechNet Community Support

Friday, August 03, 2012 2:27 AM