none
Use of Advanced Logic in Outlook 2010 Rules

Question

• Hey everyone,

I am working on creating some fairly complicated rules in Outlook 2010, and I have a few questions on how to build a particular kind. I want to create a rule that will move an email with certain keywords into a given folder. Thus far I have rules that do this and all seems to be well. I am wondering how I can create a rule that will act as a logical complement to one of my moving rules. I have a rule that will move orders sent to me to an Orders folder, but I want any message that is not assigned to me to be deleted. As far as I can tell I can only create a rule that covers all possible ways for it to not be assigned to me. Is there a wildcard character or even QueryBuilder functionality that allows me to cover all possibilities that aren't assigned to me? Is there a guide to using advanced logic in rules, keywords and syntax and such? Is there an addin available? Heck, if I even have to learn sql I'd be happy to do it, I would love to have the functionality of the Filter dialog available to Rules. Sorry if I'm being somewhat confusing, thanks in advance for your help!

Tim Van Cleave

Monday, June 25, 2012 4:30 PM

Answers

All replies

• If you want to try complex or advanced logic in Outlook 2010 rules, then you can try creating it programmatically. You can refer the sample code: http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ff424477

DeVa, M.S., {MSFT} Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help

Monday, June 25, 2012 6:57 PM
  • Thanks, I will work on that and see what happens. It doesn't look too awful, suprisingly, so perhaps I can do some pretty cool stuff without having to spend four years learning it. Thanks!

Tim Van Cleave

Tuesday, June 26, 2012 1:07 PM