none
"this modification is not allowed because this selection is locked"

Question

• Background: computer had virus; did a system restore; everything got restored except I needed a product key to gain access to my microsoft office documents and didn't have one; HP (after much hassling) installed Microsoft Office 2007 (Trial) on my computer. They asked me if everything was working right and I saw that all my documents were at least opening and said yes. I forgot to check if I could edit those documents or start new ones which I can't (this was my mistake; I was frustrated and just wanted to get off the phone after four hours). When I go to do either of these things I get text in the bottom corner of the program that say "this modification is not allowed because this selection is locked". In conclusion, all my office documents are visible. I just can't do anything with any of them.

Unfortunately, HP will not assist me in correcting this problem without another fifty dollars I can't afford to pay. Does anyone know how I can solve this problem? I really need to be able to access these programs and my documents.

Much thanks,

Daniel
    312-787-2382
    daniel@seniorcaucus.org

Tuesday, August 04, 2009 3:30 PM