none
Outlook 2010 IMAP account will not send emails

Question

• Hi Everyone,

I have 123-reg.co.uk webmail account which I am setting up in Outlook 2010.

The issue is the mail will receive but not send. The sent mail goes to Outlook Data File/ Outbox and stays there.

I've checked and rechecked that I have the correct settings. I have ensured the options for My server requires authentication and Use same settings as my incoming mail server are enabled.

The default outgoing smtp ports is 25 for 123-reg and I have tried there alternative port 587 which didn't work.

My anti virus software is Norton and I was wondering if I need an exception rule for smtp.123-reg.co.uk and/or IP address 94.136.40.63? If this is the case any idea how I do this in Norton?

Strangely all the same settings work fine on my HP laptop/iPhone but this is a new Acer Iconia. I'm trying to give us much information as I can as I'm tearing my hair.

All help very much appreciated

Saturday, November 16, 2013 2:02 PM

Answers

• Hi,

We need to try basic steps for this mail stuck in outbox issue as below:

1. Work offline, move the stuck mail into another folder. Restart Outlook and Work online to send it again.
    2. Temporarily uninstall or disable firewall and antivirus software.
    3. Test in Outlook safe mode. (Press Win + R and type “outlook.exe /safe” in the blank box, then press Enter.)
    4. Create a new profile and re-setup your account. (http://support.microsoft.com/kb/829918/en-us)

Let me know the result. Thanks.

Regards.

Melon Chen
    TechNet Community Support

Monday, November 18, 2013 5:32 AM

All replies

• Hi,

We need to try basic steps for this mail stuck in outbox issue as below:

1. Work offline, move the stuck mail into another folder. Restart Outlook and Work online to send it again.
    2. Temporarily uninstall or disable firewall and antivirus software.
    3. Test in Outlook safe mode. (Press Win + R and type “outlook.exe /safe” in the blank box, then press Enter.)
    4. Create a new profile and re-setup your account. (http://support.microsoft.com/kb/829918/en-us)

Let me know the result. Thanks.

Regards.

Melon Chen
    TechNet Community Support

Monday, November 18, 2013 5:32 AM
  • I have the same problem and going in to safe mode worked.  What does that suggest?

I have Outlook 2010 on a WIN8.1 laptop

• Edited by Tweedy0705 Sunday, December 15, 2013 9:39 PM
    Sunday, December 15, 2013 9:35 PM