none
Errors have been detected in the file C:\Users\NAME\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Outlook\Outlook2.pst.

Question

• I am running Windows 7 (64 bit) and have Office 2007 Ultimate installed.  I just recently started experiencing prolems with Outlook.  When I launch Outlook, it works for about a minute, then I get an error.  The entire error is as follows:

"Errors have been detected in the file C:\Users\NAME\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Outlook\Outlook2.pst.  Quit Outlook and all mail-enabled applications, and then use the Inbox repair tool (Scanpst.exe) to diagnose and repair errors in the file.  For more information about the Inbox repair tool, see Help."

I tried the inbox repair tool without success.

In an effort to solve the problem, I created a new profile on the computer.  I made a copy of all the necessary Outlook files to make it look and feel exactly as it had before (copied pst, sharing.xml.obi, NK2, srs, and xml).  When I setup the accounts and started using Outlook, I immediately experienced the same error as before.  So, is my pst file corrupt?...or is there another solution. 

If it is corrupt, what about this logic.  If open Outlook, I could Auto-Archive all the messages up to today.  Then, open a new profile with a "Clean" pst file.  At this point, I could bring over the Archived files to be opened in the new pst file.  Then restore from the Archive.  I'm not sure if this will work...any suggestions?

I have a backup of the pst file, but I will have to go back a few days and I'm not sure this will solve the problem.  Please help.

Tuesday, May 08, 2012 7:29 PM

Answers

All replies

• Try removing the archive file from Outlook, rename it and then readd, then restart Outlook and see if the error goes away.

Adrienne S

Tech Support

Motivators Promotional Products

Tuesday, May 08, 2012 8:41 PM
  • Hi Adrienne,

I recently open my outlook and they prompt me with this message: Cannot start Microsoft Outlook. Cannot open the Outlook window. The sets of folders cannot be opened. Errors have been detected in the file.

How to solve the problem?

need urgently help asap.

Thank you

Saturday, September 13, 2014 2:30 AM