none
'Add' button intermittently working for attachments in SharePoint 2007

Question

• Hi, we are using SharePoint 2007 and have recently encountered an issue where the 'Add' button on the attachments screen of a SharePoint list doesn't work. When first navigating to the list, the 'Add' button works indefinitely and never fails. However, as soon as you navigate away from the list and come back, the 'Add' button stops working and never starts working again until you restart IE. If you don't restart the browser, clicking the 'Add' button does nothing, not even freeze the browser. The browser does not appear to be attempting anything after the button is clicking, so it's like it's dead after you move away from the page and come back. Any ideas? We're really puzzled as to what could cause something like this. Thanks.
    Wednesday, March 14, 2012 1:04 PM

Answers

All replies

• Hi Intelect,

According to your description , there are many reasons may be caused this.

1. Your browser may be cause this. You can have a try with other browser. If it is the browser issue, you can uninstall it, then re-install it.
    2. Have you find this issue is only appear in this list? I means the other list is work well? If yes, you can delete this list, then create a new list.
    3. If the problem is still, I suggest you to repair the SharePoint with configure wizard.

Thanks,

Jack

Thursday, March 15, 2012 2:04 AM
  • You may have a browser caching issue. Try telling IE to fetch a copy of the page every time you visit it in the Temporary Internet Files and History Settings dialog on the General tab of your Internet Options.

Hope this helps,

Dan

http://wssguy.com/blogs/dan

Thursday, March 15, 2012 2:18 AM
  • Jack,

I could uninstall and reinstall the browser, but this occurs on every computer on our network, so it isn't specific to one. The issue also occurs for every SharePoint list, not just one. I will look into repairing SharePoint if that is the best approach. Thanks.

Dan,

I changed the cache setting but it had no effect.

Thursday, March 15, 2012 1:07 PM
  •  

Hi Intelect,

From your description, your issues is occurred on every computer and every list. So, I think this is the problem with install. You can reinstall the SharePoint install file, have a try to repair it as the following.

Thanks,

Jack

Friday, March 16, 2012 2:59 AM
  • Jack,

Thanks for the idea. This sounds like something that will help. We will give it a shot over the weekend during our maintenance period and see what happens.

Friday, March 16, 2012 4:21 PM