none
Data not displaying in Pivot Table

Question

• I have a pivot table that was created using Power Pivot and I cannot display the data that I want to view.  My data is purely fictional and is as follows:

Emails                                                                                         Names

PERNR                      Email                                                                PERNR                  Name

1001                      joeblack@work.com                                      1111                       Ed Green

1002                      donred@work.com                                        1222                       Mike Smith

1111                      edgreen@work.com                                      1333                       Eric Small

1222                      mikesmith@work.com 

1333                      ericsmall@work.com

1334                       tinafey@work.com

1336                       roypoindexter@work.com

1385                       garygrey@work.com     

I have created a relationship between the Name(PERNR) and the Emails(PERNR) tables.  I would like to see a single email address for the 3 individuals listed in the Name table.  My results are as follows:

Does anyone have any suggestions?  Please advise.

Wednesday, April 11, 2012 6:23 PM

Answers

• Hi,

Let’s try to copy the content into a new Excel file then using Powerpivot to create the pivot table. Check whether the issue is still happen.

If it is still occurs, then remove the Powerpivot, and re-install it to check the issue.

Jaynet Zhang

TechNet Community Support

Wednesday, April 18, 2012 9:10 AM

All replies

• Hi,

As this issue, I think that we can use a simple table to accomplish the goal.

As there are two tables in the workbook. Supposed that the two table are in the one worksheet. The names of the table are “Emails” and “Names”.

Then insert another table.

For the first column, the formula is: =IF(D4="","",D4)

For the second column, the formula is: =IF([@PERNR]="","",VLOOKUP([@PERNR],Names[#All],2,FALSE))

For the third column, the formula is: = IF([@PERNR]="","",VLOOKUP([@PERNR],Emails,2,FALSE))

Jaynet Zhang

Sunday, April 15, 2012 3:38 PM
  • Thank you for your response.  I am aware that I can create another table from the two files but I am trying to use PowerPivot's ability to create relationships and display data from those established relationships. 
    Tuesday, April 17, 2012 8:56 PM
  • Hi,

I also use the PowerPivot to create a Pivot Table. But each column has the content.

I create the relationship like that:

Then the pivote table shows:

So let’s recreate a pivot table in the PowerPivot follow the correct steps to check whether the issue will occur.

Here’s a video of the steps:

http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/videos/how-to-create-a-pivottable-using-powerpivot-data-VA101967210.aspx

Jaynet Zhang

Wednesday, April 18, 2012 2:21 AM
  • I have gone about the same steps that you have but my results don't display ther emails of the specific employees that I call out.  My results are displayed in a previous discussion note listed above.  Could there be something wrong with my Power Pivot application that I downloaded?  I have tried almost everything that I could come up with along with several other suggestions that I have received on various forums.

Wednesday, April 18, 2012 5:27 AM
  • Hi,

Let’s try to copy the content into a new Excel file then using Powerpivot to create the pivot table. Check whether the issue is still happen.

If it is still occurs, then remove the Powerpivot, and re-install it to check the issue.

Jaynet Zhang

Wednesday, April 18, 2012 9:10 AM