none
Outlook 2010 suddenly started asking me for password constantly

Question

• I have had no problem with Outlook 2010 and Windows 7 until today, and suddenly I keep getting the popup box asking to store my password for my email account.  It pops up about every 2-3 seconds, then goes away for a few minutes and then starts over.  I've been using this computer with this configuration for several months, and this just started today.  What's up?  How do I fix it?
    Wednesday, February 22, 2012 9:24 PM

Answers

• Based on the above description, i guess the user failed to logon Outlook and prompted for authentication repeatedly even after providing correct credential. Provide me the following:

+ Is there any changes in recent past (applied any service pack, recetnly pushed GPO or AD changes or any authentication changes made by admin)?

+ Does only the logged on user facing the issue or any user who uses the same machine facing the issue?
    + How the Outlook connect to Exchange Server (Outlook Anywhere or MAPI)?
    + What happens if you create a new Outlook profile for the same user or other user? Still can you reproduce the issue.

DeVa, M.S., {MSFT} Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help

Thursday, February 23, 2012 12:41 AM