none
forwarding "meeting forward notification"

Question

• We have exchange 2003 with outlook 2010. When a meeting forward notification is forwarded from the sent items of a meeting attendee the time of the meeting changes to the next 30 min period from when the forward button was clicked. is there a way to correct this behavior?

Thursday, August 25, 2011 6:17 PM

Answers

• i think this is just a bug, and the users should not foward messages in this manner. thank you for all the help

• Marked as answer by Chad Lausier Wednesday, May 30, 2012 6:02 PM
    Wednesday, May 30, 2012 6:02 PM

All replies

• there is a two hour difference. Thems that thare are two diffrent timezones configures on the two clients. Is it possible that you check this?

regards Thomas Paetzold visit my blog on: http://sus42.wordpress.com
    Thursday, August 25, 2011 8:47 PM
  • The Exchange server is in the Eastern US time zone and so am I. the time difference depends on when the forward button is clicked.

Thursday, August 25, 2011 9:15 PM
  • Hi Chad,

Per the information, how about forwarding the meeting rrequest to other account, is the date right?
    Why do you want to forward the the notification to others?
    I have done a test as below:
    A(organizer) send meeting request to B,
    B forward the meeting request to C, and there is a notification send to A,
    A receive the noticfication with the niformation "B has forwarded the meeting to..."
    B could not view any notification in the send item folder

Per the graph you post, referred the "Organizer has forward the meeting ...", why organizer forward the meeting.
    Could you please post the detail test procedure here, then we could do more research about it.
    Please also update the exchange 2003 and outlook with the latest version, and then make some tests.

Regards!
    Gavin

TechNet Subscriber Support in forum

If you have any feedback on our support, please contacttngfb@microsoft.com
    Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.

Friday, August 26, 2011 8:46 AM
  • When the meeting request itself is forwarded the time is correct the error occurs when an attendee forwards the meeting to person 3, which is correct, then goes in to their sent items and forwards the forward meeting notification to person 4, this forward of a forward changes the meeting time to the next available half hour time frame. Forwarding a forward may not be our normal practice but a user working with office 2010 happened to do this and notices the discrepancy. In the case of the user who found the problem the meeting was scheduled for Monday and the time was change to the previous Friday, when they attempted to forward the forward.  

In the screen shot I posted the organizer is the one who forward the meeting because I have multiple email boxes attached to my outlook, I was sending the meeting requests to the two other mailboxes.

I am unable to make any changes to the version of exchange running on our servers, we are a large corporation and this is controlled by the corporate network admins. The client is on the most current version of outlook 2010.

I hope that answers your question, if not please let me know. Thank you for your help.

Friday, August 26, 2011 12:10 PM
  • Hi Chad,

Per your description, I have never done that forwarding the sent item like you referred, the operation seems odd.
    How about to do some tests with other version outlook, such as outlook 2007?
    And how about to do some tests with OWA?
    Then we could narrow down the issue.

Regards!
    Gavin

If you have any feedback on our support, please contact tngfb@microsoft.com
    Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread. 

Monday, August 29, 2011 4:06 AM
  • The error is definitely with outlook 2010, as 2007 and OWA forward the meeting as a normal email with no tie in to the calendar.   

Monday, August 29, 2011 12:16 PM
  • Please refer to the configured timezone. Not on the server but on the Client. The Server dosn´t change the time. but the client does if the timezone has changed.

regards Thomas Paetzold visit my blog on: http://sus42.wordpress.com
    Monday, August 29, 2011 3:28 PM
  • The changes in meeting time, is not related to the time zone as stated previously both the client and the server are in the eastern US time zone. In multiple tests the time of the meeting has changed by the time the forward email was sent even days different in time.

Monday, August 29, 2011 3:31 PM
  • Hi Chad,

What do you mean that "as 2007 and OWA forward the meeting as a normal email with no tie in to the calendar. "
    I also do some tests with outlook 2003 and outlook 2007, all could accept the forwarding meeting request, and I do some tests with exchange 2007 and exchange 2010 scenario, all works well; And there is not a forwarding notication in any send item folder, notication is sent by exchange server, not by a mailbox.
    As your description, it mostly like a issue, I would suggest you open a ticket from MS, if it is, it will abe free.
    I would also do more research about it, and post more information here.

Regards!
    Gavin

• Edited by Gavin-Zhang Wednesday, August 31, 2011 7:30 AM add
    Wednesday, August 31, 2011 6:59 AM
  • Hi Chad Lausier,

I also reproduce the issue like yours, and per my know, the operation that the user did is not supported and wrong.
    From exchange 2007 and exchange 2010, there sill no the notification left in the send item floder. So, the operation would not be done.

Regards!
    Gavin

Wednesday, August 31, 2011 9:44 AM
  • When I used outlook 2007 and OWA the meeting forward request was different from 2010. The meeting time was included but it did not show as a calendar item it showed as a regular email. Forwarding a meeting is not a problem but when an attendee forwards the forward from their sent item it changes the meeting time. I do show a forward meeting request in my sent items see below screen shot.  My environment only has exchange 2003; this is not going to be changed anytime soon so tests with other versions of exchange are pointless. I understand that forwarding a forward is not normal but is there something that can be done, in the even that this occurs so the meeting time is not changed?

Wednesday, August 31, 2011 12:19 PM
  • Hi Chad,

I did a tests as below:
    exchange 2003, windows xp
    Use owa,
    1.UserA send meeting request to UserB,
    2. UserB forward the meeting request to UserC, UserB accept the meeting request  
    3. UserC receive the meeting request from UserB, and accept the meeting request, the meeting also scheduled in the calendar 
    4. I could not find the notification showed in the UserB's send item folder.
    So the issue just occur when outlook 2010 connect to the exchange 2003, right?
    I am sorry, per my knowledge, it is wrong to forward the notification,  it seems no way to achieve what you want.
    And I will do more research about it, if any new information, I would post it here.
    It is better to open a ticket from MS, you will get more help.

Regards!
    Gavin

• Edited by Gavin-Zhang Friday, September 02, 2011 2:59 AM
    Thursday, September 01, 2011 8:03 AM
  • i think this is just a bug, and the users should not foward messages in this manner. thank you for all the help

• Marked as answer by Chad Lausier Wednesday, May 30, 2012 6:02 PM
    Wednesday, May 30, 2012 6:02 PM