none
Outlook Express Automatic Reply

Question

• Hello,

I am going on an extended vacation and would like to be able to "activate" an automatic reply so that my customers know I will be out of the office.

Is this available in Outlook Express?

Thank you.

Monday, May 07, 2012 3:50 PM

Answers

All replies

• No, and even then, Outlook Express would need to remain running in order to process it.
    Log on to your web based mail client provided by your ISP or company and see if there is an Away, Automatic Reply, Vacation notice, or similar feature available.

Also note that this is not the correct forum for Outlook Express. This forum discusses Microsoft Office Outlook. The correct forum for Outlook Express can be found here;
    http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_xp-networking?tab=all

Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook]
    Outlook guides and more: HowTo-Outlook.com
    Outlook Quick Tips: MSOutlook.info

Monday, May 07, 2012 5:03 PM
  • I know this is not the correct forum, but since you replied, I wanted to get back to you on what I found. 

I was able to set up a Vacation Auto-Response in Outlook Express.  I found the answer on About.com.  As you mentioned, I must keep the program running, but my computer is always on at work.

If you are interested, I would be happy to send you the instructions on how to set it up.

Thanks.

Wednesday, May 23, 2012 7:17 PM