none
Not enough system resources to display completely in Excel 2010

General discussion

• "Not enough system resources to display completely" occurred in a workbook that one of my pilot users was able to use in 2003 sp3 and 2007 sp2.  I had been searching for an answer when the user stumbled upon http://support.microsoft.com/kb/183503.  We dropped the zoom on one of the sheets from 85% to 80% and the error went away.  The solution was reproducible.

The KB has the Retired KB Content Disclaimer.  I am posting this to possibly save another user some troubleshooting time, and bring this to the attention of MS.

Thanks - Aaron 

- Aaron
    • Changed type Sally Tang Monday, February 21, 2011 9:02 AM
    Wednesday, February 16, 2011 7:10 PM

All replies

• It usually happens when your excel page size is bigger . Drop the size to 100% or 95% it wont show this message.    

Monday, May 09, 2011 9:46 PM
  • It is a shame Microsoft EXCEL 2010 still suffers for the same problem. You may reproduce this behaviour looking at http://www.mrexcel.com/forum/showthread.php?t=62223&page=2 and opening attached file using EXCEL 2010.

Of course, you can also pretend you have not seen this comment and go on with your life.

Júlio Nobre

Monday, January 30, 2012 1:10 PM
  • Confirmed here too, Excel 2010 x86 with all applicable updates and happens at the time of saving.  It was a small Excel file, less than 1 meg, with several sheets, but a lot of information.  The user was zoomed at 60%.  Dropped it to 90%, and the error disappeared for that save.  Tried again at the original zoom level (60%) and no errors popped up during save.

The PC is Win7 x64 w/ 8GB RAM, and at the time of the error, there was nearly 75% of RAM available either unconfigured or cached.

Looks like an Excel accounting error in the program itself and not a real issue.

Monday, April 02, 2012 3:22 PM
  • All,

I get the same error when I hibernate my Win7 PC with an Excel workbook open.  When the PC resumes, Excel shows this error.

Any help on this is appreciated.

Thanks,
    Suthan

Friday, February 01, 2013 5:45 AM