none
WEBDAV and Outlook

Question

• The following was published in a different forum but it sums up my problem as well.  I have created a folder call webdav within the wwwroot folder. I have even gone as far as setting the permissions to everyone has full rights and people can still not edit the calendar after they subscribe. However if I subscribe using the server machine, I can edit the subscribed folder. It is only outside computers having the problem. I am using Server 2008 rather than 2003. Maybe I am setting up WEBDAV wrong or have missed a step somewhere? I enabled WEBDAV and publish using Outlook 2010 the the folder mentioned above.

Thanks  John

Hi There, I'm not sure if this is correct place to ask this question but any help would be appreciated, I have created a Public folder called Group_Calendar and published it to a WebDav server on my domain, I have set all permisions for myself as the owner and 2 others as Publishing Editors and everyone else as reviewer (set the default as reviewer) however when I send out the email to someone, they cannot edit it (even though I have set permissions). I've even went onto IIS on the server and made sure the permissions are set on the calendar (also on the folder where the calendar is held).

The strange thing is when I created the calendar in Public Folders I can edit it fine, it's only when it is published to the server and accessing it through the email to subscribe to this calendar, it opens fine but get the error "You cannot make changes to contents of this read-only folder".

My Exchange is 2003 on a 2003 Server and is hosted externally, I am using the Office 2010 Beta and others are using Office 2007 pro.

I hope this all makes sense

Monday, April 19, 2010 2:00 AM

All replies