none
Can't Log In to Microsoft Account in Office 2013 (HUP)

Question

• I recently bought office 2013 Pro Plus via the home use program. Install was successful and all appears to run correctly except I cannot log in to my Microsoft account.

When I attempt to log in I enter my email address first as usual and then enter the password (correctly) and I get this error message:

"There is a problem with your Microsoft account. To fix this, sign in to account.live.com from a browser."

I did as instructed and all appeared fine. I've tried other online support and got nowhere. The only problem I can think of is my account is not a business account. Could this be the problem. If so it was pointless me buying it. Hope someone can help!

Wednesday, September 18, 2013 4:32 PM

Answers

• do you have more than one MS account?

e.g. this one you are using for TNforums, and another for email, perhaps another for your Office?

if you have multiple accounts, and are signed-in with one account, but Office is "attached" to a different account, this can cause issues.
    (here is an example: http://community.office365.com/en-us/forums/613/t/74827.aspx )

you may need to check/change/consolidate?

Don
    (Please take a moment to "Vote as Helpful" and/or "Mark as Answer", where applicable.
    This helps the community, keeps the forums tidy, and recognises useful contributions. Thanks!)

Wednesday, September 18, 2013 10:40 PM