none
Cannot open Office 2010 apps in Windows 8

Question

• I have had my Windows 8 computer for one year. I have installed the Windows 8 update and have Windows updates coming in automatically. In the past few weeks I cannot open any of the Office apps.. they start to open and then stall out. If I restart the computer and immediately try to open Word or Excel, they will open. Any ideas on how to fix this?

Tuesday, January 07, 2014 9:13 PM

Answers

• Hi,

As far as I know, Windows 8 has new feature "Fast Startup" start when we shut down the PC. It stores some data, like kernel session, device drivers, system information, in a file in the system level memory and when you switch it back on, Windows uses data stored in this file to resume your system and since reading this file and re-initializing of device drivers is much faster.

I notice that restarted the computer, and Office worked fine. I think the Office programs closed the Office completely.

Please try to disable the "Fast Startup" to test.

http://nvidia.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/3152/~/disable-windows-8-fast-startup-%28hibernate-file%29

Please Note: Since the web site is not hosted by Microsoft, the link may change without notice. Microsoft does not guarantee the accuracy of this information

Regards,

George Zhao
    TechNet Community Support

Wednesday, January 08, 2014 6:46 AM