none
I want to restore my computer to factory default and dont want to have to repurchase office 2010

Question

• I want to restore my computer to factory default and am woundering if i will be able still keep my microsoft office 2010 product key i have already used and reinstall my office 2010 on my computer? any help with this would be greatly appreciated. I have never backed up my computer to dvds because when i tried there was a error on my final disk and never gave it another try after that.

---merge---

i forgot to say that i purchased my office online with my 30day trial that was pre-installed on my computer, as before any help would be GREATLY appreciated even if the answer is this is not plausable.

Wednesday, August 22, 2012 8:00 PM

Answers

• Hi, if your computer was delivered with an Office 2010 preload/trial, and you then purchased an Office2010 product key, and activated your preloaded/trial, then that's fine.

As long as you have the Office product key you purchased, printed or written down, or stored online etc, you can re-use it in the same computer for a reinstallation.

if you purchased the product key online (e.g. Microsoft Store), confirm your MS Store logon/password still works ok (just in case you need to retrieve it)

You can restore your computer (using whatever method the manufacturer provided, maybe it's an on-the-disk restore method, or maybe it's a recovery DVD/s).

This should restore your computer to the original factory shipping state, with the Office preload/trail. Then just type in your Office product key (from your records) and activate it.

Don

Thursday, August 23, 2012 10:52 AM