none
Does newest OWA have folder options? October 2011

Question

• In the latest version of my company's Outlook Web App (see version info below), please tell me:

Where are the folder options?

I only want to see one line of text per message in all my folders, Inbox especially. I was able to do this in my company's previous version of OWA - sorry but I don't know that version number. Why did Microsoft remove/obfuscate any "Folder Options" in this version of OWA? I need the ability to maximize the number of messages per screen by only showing one line of text per message - in all folders. Here is the layout of my Options | Settings | Mail screen, in this version of OWA:

------------------------------------------------------------------------

E-Mail Signature           Read Receipts

Reading Pane

Message Format           Conversations

Message Options          [blank space - this would be a great spot for "Folder Options"]

------------------------------------------------------------------------

At least a note in Options | Settings | Mail would be helpful: "Folder options [are no longer available] [etc...] in this version of OWA."

I feel like I am posting this in the wrong forum. I detest the way forums are done these days. Why can't it be easier?

I am using Internet Explorer 8, version 8.0.7601.17514. I am at the mercy of my company; per company policy, users can't upgrade their web browser until the company pushes the update to our laptops.

Here is a copy/paste from the Help/About of my company's current version of Outlook Web App:

About 
    Mailbox owner: ****** ****** ?[*********@******.***]?
    User-Agent: Mozilla/4.0 ?(compatible; MSIE 7.0; Windows NT 6.1; Trident/4.0; SLCC2; .NET CLR 2.0.50727; .NET CLR 3.5.30729; .NET CLR 3.0.30729; Media Center PC 6.0; InfoPath.2; .NET4.0C; .NET4.0E; .NET CLR 1.1.4322)?
    The required version of Silverlight is installed: Yes
    Required version of Silverlight: 2.0.31005.0
    Outlook Web App experience: Premium
    User language: English ?(United States)?
    User time zone: ?(UTC-06:00)? Central Time ?(US & Canada)?
    Exchange mailbox address: /o=*****/ou=Exchange1/cn=Recipients/cn=*****
    Host address: https://****.********.***/owa
    Version: 14.1.323.3
    Host name: *****.*******.***
    S/MIME control: not installed
    Exchange Client Access server name: NTEXCHAPA.****.********.***
    Exchange Client Access server .NET Framework version: 2.0.50727.5446
    Client Access server operating system version: Microsoft Windows NT 6.1.7601 Service Pack 1
    Client Access server operating system language: en-US
    Client Access server version: 14.1.218.0
    Client Access server language: en-US
    Client Access server time zone: ?(UTC-06:00)? Central Time ?(US & Canada)?
    Client Access server platform: 64bit
    Mailbox server name: NTEXMBAPB.****.*********.***
    Mailbox server Microsoft Exchange version: 14.1.218.0
    Other Microsoft Exchange server roles currently installed on the Client Access server: Hub Transport
    Authentication type associated with this Outlook web application session: NTLM
    Public logon: No
    Internal POP setting:
         Server name: NTEXCHAPA.****.*********.***
         Port: ***
         Encryption method: SSL
    Internal IMAP setting:
         Server name: NTEXCHAPA.****.*********.***
         Port: ***
         Encryption method: SSL
    Segmentation settings: fffffffeefc3ffff
    Restricted functionality settings: fffffffeefc3ffff 

Friday, October 07, 2011 1:55 PM

Answers

• No, it's not very flexible is it?  Pretty, though, with all those themes.  I guess that's what matters most nowadays.  By one line of text per message, do you mean having the sender and subject on the same line?  The only way to get that, I think, is to go for the 'light' version when you sign in.  Trouble is, you lose some of the interactive features of the GUI.
    Outlook Web Access For PDA , OWA For WAP
    www.owa-pda.com
    email a@t leederbyshire d.0.t c.0.m
    Monday, October 10, 2011 1:41 PM

All replies

• Hi

You are using OWA 2010 ( exchange server 2010) at the back ground. Option button you can find at the Right Top Corner

Inform if any issue

Thank you

Friday, October 07, 2011 6:42 PM
  • Yes, I know where the "Options" button is located, in OWA 2010. If you read my post, I indicate the path from pressing that link/button: Options | Settings | Mail

Thanks for replying though.

• Edited by Roxport Friday, October 07, 2011 11:46 PM
    Friday, October 07, 2011 8:28 PM
  • No, it's not very flexible is it?  Pretty, though, with all those themes.  I guess that's what matters most nowadays.  By one line of text per message, do you mean having the sender and subject on the same line?  The only way to get that, I think, is to go for the 'light' version when you sign in.  Trouble is, you lose some of the interactive features of the GUI.
    Outlook Web Access For PDA , OWA For WAP
    www.owa-pda.com
    email a@t leederbyshire d.0.t c.0.m
    Monday, October 10, 2011 1:41 PM