none
Difference between suggested contacts and contacts in Outlook 2010

Question

• Can someone tell me the difference between Suggested Contacts and Contacts in outlook 2010?
    Monday, September 26, 2011 8:06 PM

Answers

All replies

• I believe its everyone who you have emailed and has emailed you. Your contacts are the contacts you actually have saved.
    Monday, September 26, 2011 11:34 PM
  • Hi Amy,

Did you read Unbound237's suggestion? Does it answer your question?

Sincerely,

Max Meng
    Forum Support

Come back and mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.
    Monday, October 03, 2011 8:06 AM
  • Amy,

Did you want to mark my reply as the answer?

• Proposed as answer by MrtVlobos Wednesday, July 25, 2012 4:04 PM
    Monday, October 03, 2011 3:15 PM
  • Sorry - this did NOT answer my question.  I know there are contacts in my suggested contacts that I have saved.  Is there a "sync" process?

Wednesday, July 25, 2012 4:06 PM
  • Hi,

I'm sorry but can you be a little more specific as what you mean by "sync" process?

- Unbound237

Sunday, July 29, 2012 12:33 PM
  • in the pre office 2010 time we used nk2 files. they are abandond now and are replaced by the Suggested Contacts, importing the NK2 will not create contacts in Suggested Contacts.

Suggested contacts is a new feature that creates contacts for addresses you send mail to when the address is not already in your address books.

If you prefer not to use Suggested Contacts, you can disable it in File, Options, Contacts.

Suggested contacts doesn't pollute your original contacs with useless contacts and you don't need to remember to create contacts or worry about losing the auto-complete list(nk2).

Suggested Contacts can be moved or copied just like any other Outlook item, as far as i know, their is no sync although when in a server environment al (suggested)contacs reside on the server.

Hope this helps anyone

ps, i now its from september 2011 :-)

• Edited by enlil Sunday, July 29, 2012 6:53 PM
    Sunday, July 29, 2012 6:41 PM