none
Office Professional Plus 2010 - Fails to Install - Error 25004 - "System error: -1073418218"

Question

• I have gotten this message repeatadly now, and I think it stems from my first install. During the installation first time, the installer crashed and failed to finish, I cancelled the install and retryed and got this message (a few times now)

Please note, I do not want a genereic answer. I have read similar threads and I HAVE NOT

Installed any previous version of office on this computer

Installed any trial version of office on this computer

I am running Windows 7 (64bit) which was installed on my computer today, and along with Office I have shelled out a fortune to be given this error message repeatadly.

Please Help

Sunday, January 23, 2011 4:23 PM

Answers

• Hi Khyle,

I recommend going into the Control Panel and uninstalling any Office bits that may still be hanging out. If you don't see anything there to uninstall, or have trouble accessing the Control Panel, use the Fixit Tool for Office 2010 at:

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/290301 

Then try the install again.

Hope that helps,

Darryl

• Marked as answer by Sally Tang Friday, January 28, 2011 5:10 AM
    Monday, January 24, 2011 4:03 PM

All replies

• Hi Khyle,

I recommend going into the Control Panel and uninstalling any Office bits that may still be hanging out. If you don't see anything there to uninstall, or have trouble accessing the Control Panel, use the Fixit Tool for Office 2010 at:

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/290301 

Then try the install again.

Hope that helps,

Darryl

• Marked as answer by Sally Tang Friday, January 28, 2011 5:10 AM
    Monday, January 24, 2011 4:03 PM
  • I am experiencing the same issue. I have tried "Fixit Tool" and a number of other programs that others claimed worked for this purpose. Unfortunately, I am still being given the very same error. I run Windows 7 (64-bit) and have never had Office on this computer. I don't know what is going on with it and, so far, no one has given any advice that works. I payed good money for this and I hate the feeling that my money was spent on nothing. Please help!

The exact message is as follows:

"Microsoft Office Professional Plus 2010 encountered an error during setup.

Error 25004. The product key you entered cannot be used on this machine. This is most likely due to previous Office 2010 trials being installed. (System error: -1073418218)"

Please help as my next step is to reinstall Windows 7. I really don't want to go through all of the trouble!
    Tuesday, July 10, 2012 3:02 AM