none
How to remove BLOCKED from hyperlinks in Outlook?

Question

• Hello,

One of our users is sending daily reports to other internal users containing hyperlinks to newpaper articles. If I look at the raw HTML code in his sent mail, I can see that his hyperlinks have been prefixed by "BLOCKED". I also see the BLOCKED when I hover over the link. It only appears to be cosmetic for recipients who are also using Outlook 2003, i.e., the links still open without problems. However, for users with PDAs like iPads connected via Exchange ActiveSync, it prevents the links from opening.

How do I prevent Outlook 2003 from inserting the BLOCKED part from the sender side please?

I think it could be linked to a previous upgrade of Internet Explorer on the sender's XP PC. Changing the download pictures settings and safe senders/recipients didn't help...

Thanks,

- Alan.

Sunday, May 06, 2012 11:58 AM

Answers

• Is this user perhaps copying and pasting the message each time?
    In that case, in Outlook 2003, the links may indeed become prefixed with "BLOCKED".

Resetting the Internet Security Zone settings might solve it and also make sure that you have a virus scanner installed which reports its status to Windows.

Other solutions would be to recreate the link or to find another means to regenerate the daily report.
    Upgrading to a later version of Outlook will most likley solve it as well.

Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook]
    Outlook guides and more: HowTo-Outlook.com
    Outlook Quick Tips: MSOutlook.info

Monday, May 07, 2012 5:26 PM

All replies

• Is this user perhaps copying and pasting the message each time?
    In that case, in Outlook 2003, the links may indeed become prefixed with "BLOCKED".

Resetting the Internet Security Zone settings might solve it and also make sure that you have a virus scanner installed which reports its status to Windows.

Other solutions would be to recreate the link or to find another means to regenerate the daily report.
    Upgrading to a later version of Outlook will most likley solve it as well.

Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook]
    Outlook guides and more: HowTo-Outlook.com
    Outlook Quick Tips: MSOutlook.info

Monday, May 07, 2012 5:26 PM
  • Hi Alan,

Just checking in to see if the suggestion from Robert was helpful. Please let us know if you would like further assistance.

Max Meng

TechNet Community Support

Monday, May 14, 2012 9:07 AM
  • So the user was creating a message with links and then forwarding the same message a few times; the original didn't have the blocked links but the forwarded did. The solution was to use resend message instead of forwarding it. 

Thanks.

Monday, May 14, 2012 8:51 PM