none
Error 25004. The product key you entered cannot be used on this machine

Question

• When trying to install Microsoft Office Professional Plus 2010.  I receive the following error message:

Error 25004.  The product key you entered cannot be used on this machine.  This is most likely due to previous Office 2010 trials being installed. (System error: -1073418160)

I was never asked to enter a product key during the install; however, when I did run the install initially the install crashed and I'm now getting this error when trying to reinstall.

Thursday, May 20, 2010 4:20 PM

Answers

• Hi,

I guess although you have not installed office successfully, you may leave some traces of it.

So I suggest you check and remove all traces of it include add-ins that you might have installed.

·         Click Start->Run...->type regedit and press Enter.

If these two registry subkeys exit, right-click on the registry subkey and click Delete to delete those keys

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Office

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Office

·         Open Windows Explorer, and then browse to the "C:\Program Files" folder

If it exists, rename the "Microsoft Office" to "Microsoft Office OLD"

If it exists, rename "OfficeUpdate" to "OfficeUpdateOLD"

If it exists, rename "OfficeUpdate14" to "OfficeUpdate14OLD"

·         Click Start->Run...-> type "%Temp%" (without the quotation marks) and press Enter. Empty the Temp folder.

• Marked as answer by Jennifer Zhan Wednesday, May 26, 2010 12:52 AM
    Tuesday, May 25, 2010 5:25 AM

All replies

• Hi,

I guess although you have not installed office successfully, you may leave some traces of it.

So I suggest you check and remove all traces of it include add-ins that you might have installed.

·         Click Start->Run...->type regedit and press Enter.

If these two registry subkeys exit, right-click on the registry subkey and click Delete to delete those keys

·         Open Windows Explorer, and then browse to the "C:\Program Files" folder

If it exists, rename the "Microsoft Office" to "Microsoft Office OLD"

If it exists, rename "OfficeUpdate" to "OfficeUpdateOLD"

If it exists, rename "OfficeUpdate14" to "OfficeUpdate14OLD"

·         Click Start->Run...-> type "%Temp%" (without the quotation marks) and press Enter. Empty the Temp folder.

• Marked as answer by Jennifer Zhan Wednesday, May 26, 2010 12:52 AM
    Tuesday, May 25, 2010 5:25 AM
  • tried all these...but problem still persist

when in stalling ms office professional also a problem arise saying error occured during installation........but error code is not specified

i tried all the available fix it from microsoft site...

i  am tired of such errors in windows..................

mac is better atleast i dosent show such errors

Friday, May 20, 2011 2:30 AM
  • Here is my problem

I installed Microsoft Office Professional Plus 2010 on a a tobisha running windows vista basic. the computer froze up at the end of the down load. when i went to restart the download it said it was complete. but when i went to install it i got an error msg saying i was missing the file ProPlusrWW.msi

Catalyst Package Install...
        Package: ProPlusrWW
        File: C:\MSOCache\All Users\{91140000-0011-0000-1000-0000000FF1CE}-C\ProPlusrWW.msi
        Command Line: PATCH="\\o01\InstallSW$\Workstations\Packs\MS Office Pro Plus OPEN\2010\CMC-DO\Office 2010 100528.MSP"

however the programs were in the all programs list but when you cliced on them they did nothing. after hours of trying I decided to uninstall and reinstall. when i tried that i got the msg: the language of this installation is not supported by your computer

i looked this error up on technet and found instructions on how to use fixit to solve the uninstall problem. now i can not reinstall and i have deleted everything can someone please help

Monday, September 26, 2011 5:02 PM
  • Hi, it seems from the logfile extract you pasted above, that the office setup fileset has been customised with a patch, and install was attempted from a network share?

it's hard for us to know what customisations may have been applied, or what language your pc or the customised office setup language may be.

what is the current error message shown when you try to reinstall? is it the same as the original poster? or different?
    did you try Jennifer's steps above?

Don
    Monday, September 26, 2011 9:28 PM
  • brother i want to delete it

But it show can not  delete, what can i do?

Thursday, September 06, 2012 11:21 AM
  • Janifar zhan i followed all the procedures to told but it does'nt working and still error. i am using windows 8 original activated and trying to install office 2013 but i am facing the problems same that my due to my privious trial version installation this softere will not run on ur machine. plz help me as early as possible u can male me on this ibrar33_pk@hotmail.com
    Friday, April 26, 2013 9:46 PM
  • Janifar zhan i followed all the procedures to told but it does'nt working and still error. i am using windows 8 original activated and trying to install office 2013 but i am facing the problems same that my due to my privious trial version installation this softere will not run on ur machine. plz help me as early as possible u can male me on this ibrar33_pk@hotmail.com
    Friday, April 26, 2013 9:47 PM

this article may help: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/2739501/en-us

Don
    (Please take a moment to "Vote as Helpful" and/or "Mark as Answer", where applicable.
    This helps the community, keeps the forums tidy, and recognises useful contributions. Thanks!)

Friday, April 26, 2013 10:25 PM

this article may help: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/2739501/en-us

Don
    (Please take a moment to "Vote as Helpful" and/or "Mark as Answer", where applicable.
    This helps the community, keeps the forums tidy, and recognises useful contributions. Thanks!)

Friday, April 26, 2013 10:25 PM