none
Cannot delete Outlook 2010 items on shared calendars.

Question

• Using SBS2008 and Outlook 2010, 07, and 03.  Users who have Outlook 2010 are not able to delete calendar items off of shared calendars.  I have verified permissions are correct - the same user can login to a PC running Outlook 2007 or earlier and delete the calendar item.  Error message displayed is: "Could not complete the deletion.  The items may have been already moved or deleted."
    Thursday, September 02, 2010 3:10 PM

All replies

• Hi,

I suggest you delete the user from share list and re-add it.

If not work, give the user to delegate permission and check the results again.

Regards,

Harry Yuan

Friday, September 03, 2010 10:28 AM
  • Unfortunately, not the solution.  This is universally impacting all users on the network using Outlook 2010.  But only Outlook 2010.  The same user can login to a PC running Outlook 2007 and delete shared calendar items without issue.

Other sugestions?

Martin

Friday, September 03, 2010 3:00 PM
  • This is definitely an Outlook 2010 bug.  If you open Outlook 2010 with the /safe command line option, then you are able to delete the calendar entry from the shared (delegated) calendar.
    Friday, February 25, 2011 4:23 PM
  • See this article, which, though it does not specifically reference Outlook 2010, does include a possible resolution of this issue:

http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;EN-US;202517

Go to HKCU | Software | Microsoft | Office | 14| Outlook | options | General

You will see a value named DelegateWastebasketStyle with a value of 4.  Change it to 8 (this will tell Outlook to discard these items in your own trash account instead of the user who is sharing their calendar), and it may resolve your problem (as it did mine).

You will have to restart Outlook to have the registry setting take effect.

Monday, March 21, 2011 6:32 PM