none
Event Viewer ID 12297 : Service account was updated

Question

• We have Lync 2010 on windows 2008R2 sp1. All lync services seem to run ok but i see the event viewer warning ID 12287.

We run all the services under Network Service account. Has anyone experienced this?

Service account password for Lync Server has been updated since the server was last restarted. Lync Server will not function correctly if new password is not the same as previous.

Thanks

Sunita

The password for RTCSRV service account has been updated.

Cause: Service account password has been updated since the server was last restarted.

• Changed type Sunita Modak Tuesday, February 21, 2012 7:22 PM
    • Changed type Sunita Modak Tuesday, February 21, 2012 7:22 PM
    Tuesday, February 21, 2012 7:21 PM

Answers

• Hi

I was advised to open a MS Support ticket. The support engineer cleared the "password" under each service and restarted them. That seems to have corrected the warning errors. But i still dont understand the reason for the warning message.

• Marked as answer by Sunita Modak Monday, February 27, 2012 9:25 PM
    • Unmarked as answer by Sunita Modak Tuesday, May 01, 2012 8:19 PM
    • Marked as answer by Sunita Modak Tuesday, May 01, 2012 8:19 PM
    Monday, February 27, 2012 9:25 PM

All replies

• Do you still have an OCS Server in your environment?

Lync does not use Service Accounts at least not by default

- Belgian Unified Communications Community : http://www.pro-lync.be -

Wednesday, February 22, 2012 3:04 PM
  • Hi Sunita,

For OCS, it relies on service accounts. If the passwords to these service accounts expire, services cannot start when the servers are restarted and the servers cannot operate properly.

For Lync, all the services run under Network Service account. To start or stop services, you need a user account that is a member of the RTCUniversalServerAdmins group (or has equivalent user rights), or assigned to the CsServerAdministrator or CsAdministrator role.

Noya Lau

TechNet Community Support

• Marked as answer by Sunita Modak Monday, February 27, 2012 9:22 PM
    • Unmarked as answer by Sunita Modak Monday, February 27, 2012 9:22 PM
    Friday, February 24, 2012 8:13 AM
  • Hi

I was advised to open a MS Support ticket. The support engineer cleared the "password" under each service and restarted them. That seems to have corrected the warning errors. But i still dont understand the reason for the warning message.

• Marked as answer by Sunita Modak Monday, February 27, 2012 9:25 PM
    • Unmarked as answer by Sunita Modak Tuesday, May 01, 2012 8:19 PM
    • Marked as answer by Sunita Modak Tuesday, May 01, 2012 8:19 PM
    Monday, February 27, 2012 9:25 PM