none
Microsoft office 2011 for mac isn't working

Question

• Yesterday i was updating some work from word and I deleted some pics from my desktop by dragging and dropping to the trash. I believe I somehow dragged and dropped my microsoft word into the trash because now I am being told every time i try to open it that it can't be found and need to be installed again. Have no idea how to reinstall because word won't even open, and I cannot locate the product identification number. No idea what happened. Can someone help?

thanks

Saturday, November 12, 2011 7:19 PM

Answers

• It's okay. Some way some how the microsoft office shortcut was removed from the applications folder and placed onto my desktop. It needs to be remain in the applications folder inside of the microsoft office 2011 file.

Thanks!

kc
    Saturday, November 12, 2011 9:01 PM

All replies

• Try the following to start Word: Hold the Windows logo key as you press R; in the Run dialog box, type winword and press Enter. Does Word start correctly? If it does, simply recreate the shortcut that you otherwise make use of.

Stefan Blom, Microsoft Word MVP
    Saturday, November 12, 2011 7:36 PM
  • thanks stefan but i have word 2011 for mac, not windows. Forgot to mention that. I can't find locate in the trash but i've never emptied it so it's not gone forever
    kc
    Saturday, November 12, 2011 7:47 PM
  • imbejkjkjjhjvjh wrote:
    thanks stefan but i have word 2011 for mac, not windows. Forgot to mention that. I can't find locate in the trash but i've never emptied it so it's not gone forever
    kc

Actually, you did mention the version in the subject line, but I didn't pay attention. :-(

I can't imagine that you could have uninstalled Word simply by moving something to the trash. Have you tried searching for the executable file that starts Word, just to see if it's still on your system?

Sorry, I've never used MacWord so I can't give you any specific instructions...

Saturday, November 12, 2011 7:56 PM
  • It's okay. Some way some how the microsoft office shortcut was removed from the applications folder and placed onto my desktop. It needs to be remain in the applications folder inside of the microsoft office 2011 file.

Thanks!

kc
    Saturday, November 12, 2011 9:01 PM
  • imbejkjkjjhjvjh wrote:

It's okay. Some way some how the microsoft office shortcut was removed from the applications folder and placed onto my desktop. It needs to be remain in the applications folder inside of the microsoft office 2011 file.

Thanks!

kc

I'm glad you got it sorted!

Saturday, November 12, 2011 10:27 PM