none
Office 2010 - French Language Pack - Keyboard layout - Not Enabled

Question

• Hi Guys

I am creeating package to deploy Office Pro Plus 2010, Project 2010, Visio 2010 for language packs - English, French, Japanese

1. Created MSP for package deployment

2. Incoprorated below config.xml to get packages enabled for language packs.

<Configuration Product="ProPlus">

<Display Level="none" CompletionNotice="no" SuppressModal="yes" AcceptEula="Yes" />

<Logging Type="standard" Path="%temp%" Template="Microsoft Office Professional Plus Setup(*).txt" />

<AddLanguage Id="match" ShellTransform="yes"/>
            <AddLanguage Id="en-us" />
            <AddLanguage Id="fr-fr" />
             <AddLanguage Id="ja-jp" />

3. I have merged language packs of french and japanese to the office Pro Plus source folder without overwriting files

Problem is , it instlled all language packs but Keyboard layout is only enabled for japaense, english but not for french.

I am not getting idea, where I am missing. I am not able to find setting for config.xml to enable keyboard layout

Can you please advise?

Thanks & Regards

Server Engineer
    Thursday, August 18, 2011 8:43 AM

Answers

• Installing the FR language pack for Office 2010 will not enable the keyboard layout for FR. You will have to enable the FR keyboard layout thru the OS settings. Are you just wanting the FR and JP proofing tools for Office 2010? The FR proofing tools are installed with the english version of Office 2010.

The JP keyboard layout is getting enabled because he have a known issue when installing the language packs related to IME that we are looking into.

Also I assume you installed the english version of Office 2010, Project and Visio which means you do not need to use the <AddLanguage Id="en-us" /> in your config file.

Doakm[MSFT]

• Marked as answer by veday001 Wednesday, August 24, 2011 6:00 AM
    Monday, August 22, 2011 3:47 PM

All replies

• Hello,

Thank you for your question.

Weare looking at this issue. There might be some time delay. Appreciate your patience.

Thank you for your understanding and support.

Best Regards, 

William Zhou

Forum Support

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.

Monday, August 22, 2011 5:08 AM
  • Thanks for your reply William
    Server Engineer
    Monday, August 22, 2011 6:26 AM
  • Installing the FR language pack for Office 2010 will not enable the keyboard layout for FR. You will have to enable the FR keyboard layout thru the OS settings. Are you just wanting the FR and JP proofing tools for Office 2010? The FR proofing tools are installed with the english version of Office 2010.

The JP keyboard layout is getting enabled because he have a known issue when installing the language packs related to IME that we are looking into.

Also I assume you installed the english version of Office 2010, Project and Visio which means you do not need to use the <AddLanguage Id="en-us" /> in your config file.

Doakm[MSFT]

• Marked as answer by veday001 Wednesday, August 24, 2011 6:00 AM
    Monday, August 22, 2011 3:47 PM
  • Thanks for your reply.
    Server Engineer
    Wednesday, August 24, 2011 6:00 AM