none
what happened to auto archiving feature in outlook 2013? In outlook 2010, if i create .pst data file and make it as default, all new emails arrive at .pst inbox. But in outlook 2013, even if .pst set as default, all my new emails still arrive at .ost inbo

Question

• what happened to auto archiving feature in outlook 2013? In outlook 2010, if i create .pst data file and make it as default, all new emails arrive at .pst inbox. But in outlook 2013, even if .pst set as default, all my new emails still arrive at .ost inbox.
    Wednesday, February 06, 2013 3:36 AM

Answers

All replies

• Upon upgrading to Outlook 2013, profiles that are configured to delivery Exchange Server account items to an Outlook Data File (.pst) continue to see the file in the Navigation Pane. However, all new items are delivered to an offline Outlook Data File (.ost) and Cached Exchange Mode is turned on for the Exchange account.

Discontinued features and modified functionality in Outlook 2013

http://office.microsoft.com/en-001/outlook-help/discontinued-features-and-modified-functionality-in-outlook-2013-HA102606403.aspx

Tony Chen
    TechNet Community Support

• Marked as answer by cranthicumar Saturday, February 09, 2013 6:17 PM
    Thursday, February 07, 2013 6:15 AM
  • This is really bad :(

How can they de-commit this feature?. Actually my rules are running and some of the mail are copied to folders in the .pst

only few emails remain in inbox. Is there a registry change or  some fix, where this can be fixed? or Can I make my rules in my .pst inbox so that i can create a rule so that it automatically archives every email i get and all rules run in my .pst inbox 

Saturday, February 09, 2013 6:08 PM