none
OUTLOOK 2010 Sync whole inbox

Question

• Hi,

In my Outlook 2010 I am facing of slow send and receive issue. At start-up outlook received all the mails and send all but then it start updating inbox and mention the size 2.65 GB.

after that I will not able to send and receive my mails, till I restart my Outlook. 

I have tried to create a send and receive group just to download the headers only but still facing the same issue. 

I dont know why it sync whole inbox at every start-up.

Thanks 

Sainyam Aggarwal MCTS
    Wednesday, August 17, 2011 7:38 AM

Answers

All replies

• Which mail account type are we talking about here? Exchange, IMAP, POP3, Hotmail Connector, other...?

Do you have a virus scanner installed which integrates itself with Outlook? Uninstall this integration part of your virus scanner and try again; you'd still be sufficiently protected by your on-access scanner part of the virus scanner. For more details see;
    http://www.msoutlook.info/question/20

Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook]
    Outlook guides and more: HowTo-Outlook.com
    Outlook Quick Tips: MSOutlook.info
    Wednesday, August 17, 2011 11:00 AM
  • Thanks for Reply,

I am using Exchange mail Account.

I have even tried by creating new profile for the user, but still the issue is there.

Then I have set to download only headers for the Inbox , but still when I clicked on Inbox is start updating the whole inbox.

Sainyam Aggarwal MCTS
    Thursday, August 18, 2011 8:59 AM
  • I have done that as well but it still facing the same error. So I re enabled the antivirus for mails.
    Sainyam Aggarwal MCTS
    Thursday, August 18, 2011 9:02 AM
  • Hi samhope,

Do you try to test this account on another computer?

If not, please test on another computer to have a try, this can help us narrow down the issue.

When you use download only headers for the inbox, please make sure you have checked “Download headers only” under Send/Receive Settings-All Accounts

Thanks,

Evan

Sunday, August 21, 2011 5:49 AM
  • Hello Evan Liu,

Sorry for late update.

The issue was resolved, The Wireless network card was the issue. As I connect that system on LAN work fine, Thanks 

Sainyam Aggarwal MCTS
    Tuesday, October 25, 2011 3:50 AM