none
Outlook 2010 attach preview word and excel problem

Question

• Hi Everyone,

i have the problem with the attach of word and excel.

This is my scenery:  Windows 2008R2 SP1 Standard, Office 2010 Professional Plus, all in Terminal Server Application Mode...the problem is present when i receive an email with the attach of word or excel and i want to read the preview, the outlook gives me this error: "This file cannot be previewed because of an error with the following previewer".

The previewer is installed and i test to reinstall the office but the error is the same...on Microsoft i found that:  http://support.microsoft.com/kb/983064 , but is a only a workaround and i want to found a resolution for my client that buy all this scenery and don't go   :-(

Please help me...

Thanks in advance

Sorry for my english i'm italian  :-)

Bye bye

Thursday, March 24, 2011 9:48 PM

Answers

• Hi, 

I’m sorry for your unfortunate encounter.

But the Microsoft has confirmed that this is a problem in the Microsoft products that are listed in the "Applies to" section.

Please be assured our developers do recognize this issue and are working on it. As this issue has been hard-coded in the program, it will take us some time to modify it. We appreciate your patience and understanding while we are working on this.

Sincerely,
    Max Meng

Tuesday, March 29, 2011 6:39 AM

All replies

• Hi, 

I’m sorry for your unfortunate encounter.

But the Microsoft has confirmed that this is a problem in the Microsoft products that are listed in the "Applies to" section.

Please be assured our developers do recognize this issue and are working on it. As this issue has been hard-coded in the program, it will take us some time to modify it. We appreciate your patience and understanding while we are working on this.

Sincerely,
    Max Meng

Tuesday, March 29, 2011 6:39 AM
  • Thank you very much for the answer...

I wait for the resolution of the problem..when it be resolved i found the fix on the microsoft page right?

Good work and thanks...

Bye for now

Friday, April 01, 2011 7:21 PM
  • Hi,

now is a May...the problem is resolt?? i go to the link of kb but is not present a fix for this...Can i have a help if exist a fix or a beta fix...my client is not happy for this inconveniente that not have resolution for now...is passed 1 mounth..

Please help me Microsoft   :-)

Thanks

Monday, May 09, 2011 11:13 AM
  • Hi Daniele,

This issue might be fix in the Service Pack 1 for Office 2010, please be patient to wait for it. And if you really consider it as an emergency problem, you can also get contact with  support.microsoft.com to request private hotfix.

Sincerely,
    Max Meng

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.

Tuesday, May 10, 2011 2:25 AM
  • Can you send the link where the private hotfix is located such as kb number, because if I call the support I need to know what to kb number to ask for.
    Tuesday, June 07, 2011 11:51 AM
  • Hi Gislig,

If you mean you are running into the same issue with Daniele Di Ianni, please check if this KB if you are look for: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/983064

Sincerely,
    Max Meng

Come back and mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.
    Wednesday, June 08, 2011 2:07 AM