none
MS Office Home & Business 2010 Activation Issue

Question

• Recently purchased a new Lenovo T510 notebook to replace a recently-deceased HP Pavilion.  My Lenovo came bundled with a trial copy of MS Office 2010.

I already own a licensed copy of Home and Business 2010 on DVD, so I tried to install it.  Made it through entering the activation code and all seemed to go well until I opened Outlook (or any other Office program) and was asked to activate my Office product.  I even called Microsoft and was told that my license and activation codes were indeed valid!

I tried uninstalling and reloading the software - several times - and am still getting the same warning.  Even used the Microsoft Fix-it tool to remove all Office components, but when I reinstalled my software, the warning keep reappearing.

I'm getting desperate here becasue the warnings are saying I've got only 8 days left to activate my copy of the software.  Remember: I uniinstalled ALL of the Office 2010 using the MS Fix-it tool, and then re-installed from scratch.

What more can I do to prevent being locked out, and to stop getting these activation warnings?

Saturday, April 23, 2011 1:25 PM

Answers

• Hi,

According to Microsoft's EULA, if this is a retail version, we can only install one copy of software on one computer.

If you encounter any problems when trying to activate the Office product, you can contact Microsoft activation center, and they will check it for you. For the detailed information on how to contact Microsoft Activation Center, you can refer to this Microsoft Knowledge base article:

How to contact a Microsoft Product Activation Center
    http://support.microsoft.com/kb/950929

Meanwhile, we can refer to the following KB article:

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/919895/

Notes: The steps is similar for Office 2010.

Best Regards,

Nick Wan

• Marked as answer by Sally Tang Thursday, April 28, 2011 6:23 AM
    Wednesday, April 27, 2011 1:46 AM