none
Cannot configure orange e-mail in Outlook 2010

Question

• Have just installed Outlook 2010 on my nearly new PC, and tried to import e-mail address from orange (...orangehome.co.uk). Each time it gets part way, recognising the pop address, but says there is an error on the test e-mail. I've checked with orange who confirmed pop, smtp, username and password. Any ideas?
    • Moved by Sally Tang Monday, October 18, 2010 6:14 AM (From:Office 2010 Setup and Deployment)
    Thursday, October 14, 2010 10:39 PM

Answers

• Hi,

It might be some problems when connecting to the server. Try to contact orange about this issue.

Best Regards,

Sally Tang

• Marked as answer by Sally Tang Thursday, October 28, 2010 6:26 AM
    Thursday, October 21, 2010 7:46 AM

All replies

• Hi,

Did you set up the POP3 setting in outlook?

Outlook does not know where to look for your email unless you tell it. First, you will need to get the incoming mail server (POP3) name and the outgoing mail server name (SMTP).

In Outlook 2010, click File / Info / Account Settings / Account Settings, in the Email tab, click New to create the POP3 account.

Best Regards,

Sally Tang

Monday, October 18, 2010 6:13 AM
  • Thanks Sally, but I've done that bit. Interestingly I've just attached a gmail address with ease, and just to see if it works , a hot-mail address, using the special connection - no problem. Could Orange be actively blocking it in some way? Any other ideas?

Phil

Monday, October 18, 2010 9:28 PM
  • Hi,

It might be some problems when connecting to the server. Try to contact orange about this issue.

Best Regards,

Sally Tang

• Marked as answer by Sally Tang Thursday, October 28, 2010 6:26 AM
    Thursday, October 21, 2010 7:46 AM